Director of Operations
The Director of Operations plans, organizes and manages the daily program operations for the Division of Continuing and Distance Education.
USD provides students with access to high quality, affordable education so they may persist in their educational goals for life-long learning, earning academic credentials such as certificates and academic degrees.
The person in this position provides oversight for all USD off-campus and distance courses and programs, as well as coordinating support services for faculty and students. The incumbent initiates, manages and evaluates the design, development and coordination of USD initiatives in online, hybrid, and distance face-to-face environments. The Director provides administrative services including technical advice, policy interpretation, and problem solving assistance to Department Chairs, Graduate Program Directors in tandem with the CDE Director of Recruitment and Marketing and CDE Budget and Finance. In addition, the Director of Operations serves as the CDE representative in University, state, regional and national organizations and committees as appropriate to fulfill the mission of providing access and enabling students to persist to their educational goals.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Two years of experience of responsible program administration within a higher education setting;
- Two years of experience communicating and collaborating with faculty and academic units in higher education;
- One year of experience initiating, leading, and managing the program development process (conceptualization, budget development, delivery, assessment) for distance programs (face-to-face, online, hybrid) that target a higher education audience that includes learners who are mostly "nontraditional".
- Experience developing and delivering a broad portfolio of programs targeting adult learners as university students.
Preferred experiences and attributes:
- Master's degree or higher preferred;
- Experience developing and delivering a broad portfolio of programs targeting adult learners as well as high school students taking university courses;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships through coordination and negotiation;
- Thorough knowledge of higher education administration with an emphasis on developing systems and/or management of existing processes;
- Superior organizational, interpersonal, analytical, planning and communication skills;
- Ability to manage the details of multiple programs and projects to track activities and meet deadlines.