Assistant Director of Admissions
ASSISTANT DIRECTR OF ADMISSIONS
The Assistant Director serves as a primary contact person for prospective students, applicants, and newly admitted students based upon their geographical territory. The Assistant Director is responsible for managing an assigned territory for identifying prospective students who meet or exceed the College’s admission requirements, recruiting these students and their families, and making admissions selection decisions from that territory. Such effort includes extensive fall and spring travel. The Assistant Director will also guide prospective students and their parents through the application process. Furthermore, the Assistant Director will develop and/or manage the department’s social media campaigns using various media platforms, create communication plan as well as develop email communications to be distributed throughout the admissions cycle, as directed, in accordance with the unit’s charge to identify, attract, admit and enroll new students consistent with the college’s mission and established goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Assistant Director will coordinate the planning and implementation of the admission recruitment, application and yield activities for the assigned territory.
- Manage the department’s social media campaign using Twitter, Instagram and Facebook platforms.
- Create and develop communication plan to prospects, admits and enrolled students. This will include implementing marketing strategies, strategic use of recruitment publications, recruitment travel, analyzing and collecting data on territories managed.
- Conducts campus tours, formal presentations and information sessions on and off campus.
- Conducts interviews of admission candidates and evaluates applicant credentials in recruitment territory.
- In addition, will assist in evaluating major (feeder) recruitment territories.
- Coordinates and/or assists as well as participates in a variety of campus programs and special events for prospective students and their families.
- The Assistant Director will assist with activities related to telemarketing and tele-counseling.
- The Assistant Director will assist the operations staff with workload during peak periods.
- Participate in professional development as related to admissions and professional organizations.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the Director or Associate Director.
Our candidate profile will include:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is required. Advanced degree preferred. Must have at least one (1) year of related work experience preferably in an admissions office. Two or more years preferred. Must have demonstrated experience in implementing programs, workshops and strong organizational skills with strong emphasis to detail and follow up on assignments.
Experience with developing and managing a robust communication plan and utilizing a CRM system such as Slate. Must be assertive and be able to work independently while meeting the goals of the office. Must be high energy and enthusiastic, extremely flexible and willing to work extended hours and weekends.
Incumbent must possess excellent oral communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from prospective students and parents, high school counselors, the Spelman community, and the general public which may include public/group speaking engagements. This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and professional journals. The duties also require the ability to write reports and business correspondence.
Spelman College is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Title IX Employer and we participate in E-Verify.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Qualified individuals are encouraged to visit our website and apply via our online application: www.spelman.edu. Please submit a cover letter with your submission. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a campus environment filled with unique opportunities and experiences.