Financial Aid Officer- Graduate Student Financial Services
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
Responsible for awarding Federal, State, and Institutional aid accurately through analysis of financial aid data and student documents while remaining in compliance with complex and changing regulations.
- BA degree in related field (or equivalent combination of experience and education).
- 1-3 years experience in higher education administration or related field with transferrable skills. Experience in student financial aid preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Responsible for analyzing student financial aid data in order to accurately award Federal, State, Institutional, and other forms of student aid.
- Review, interpret and apply complex federal regulations and remain in compliance with Title IV Federal aid by attending conferences, workshops, webinars and other available forms of training as applicable.
- Communicate with other SFS staff and internal constituents in regards to students' financial aid award packages and special individual student circumstances.
- Monitor and review student's academic progress to ensure ongoing eligibility for financial aid
- Review and analyze various reports to ensure accuracy, discern errors, and maintain high level of student service through the financial aid process.
- Update and help maintain policy and procedure manual.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Perform other duties related to the position as requested by the supervisor.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office products, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Good command of the English language with good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Ability to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Ability to lift, bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
- Pleasant office, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in PC, Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.