Vice President for Human Resources
Founded in 1958, Quincy College is a two-year, municipally affiliated college serving approximately 4,000 students at campuses located in Quincy and Plymouth, Massachusetts.
Quincy College Mission Statement
Quincy College is an open-access institution that encourages academic achievement and excellence, diversity, economic opportunity, community involvement, and lifelong learning. The College facilitates valuable learning relationships that inspire students to realize their educational and professional futures.
We are committed to the following values: student learning and achievement; excellence in teaching; mutual respect, responsibility, and collaboration; individual and institutional integrity; and diversity of people and perspectives.
The College recognizes that our success is measured by the long-term satisfaction and achievement of our students, and the positive partnerships we develop. Our most valuable resources to achieving our mission are our faculty, administration and support staff. Each individual employee's performance contributes to our ability to successfully achieve and excel in all aspects of our mission and values.
The VP of Human Resources, serving under the supervision of the College President, is responsible for oversight and administration of all human resources services and function. Areas of oversight include: staffing and employment; employee and labor relations; human resources policy administration; leave administration; training and organizational development. The position also is responsible for establishing short and long term goals for human resources initiatives.
- Develops, implements, and maintains the overall campus-wide human resource strategy.
- Manages the staff, budget, and operations of the Office of Human Resources.
- Develops, implements, and directs key human resources initiatives including organizational planning, compensation, and classification management, employee recognition awards, professional career development, and employee involvement to foster a quality workforce for the College.
- Directs the development of long-range planning of human resources programs and objectives.
- Implements effective human resources practices that align College human resource strategies with business/process improvement initiatives.
- Provides leadership and coordination to deliver a progressive and innovative human resources program positioned to contribute to the attainment of the College's strategic goals.
- Coordinates and facilitates compliance with all human resources policies and procedures.
- Oversees consultative services for managers and employees on matters including, but not limited to, policies, laws, and regulations regarding employment-related issues including employment, position classification, staffing, compensation, recruitment, performance and discipline, leave administration, and promotions.
- Directs and oversees organizational development and effectiveness strategies and initiatives.
- Evaluates and monitors the employee performance process.
- Negotiates and administers collective bargaining agreement(s).
- Serves as an advisor to campus administration on human resource policies and personnel matters.
- Serves as the campus human resource representative on committees as assigned.
- Serves as Affirmative Action and Title IX Officer.
- Serves as the Judicial Appeals Officer.
- Oversees all policies, procedures, and functions related to human resource information processing of personnel transactions and appointments.
- Participates in mandatory training/coursework. Including but not limited to:
- Title IX and Sexual Misconduct
- Non-discrimination and Sexual Harassment
- Security Policy and Notification of Security Reporting
- Municipal Ethics Law
Supervisory Responsibilities: Direct supervision of all Human Resources staff at Quincy College.
Travel: Occasional local travel may be required.
Educational Qualifications: A Master's Degree in business, human resources, or a related field is required. SPHR certification or Juris Doctor Degree preferred.
Experience Requirements: Minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressive human resources experience in a generalist and strategic role; human resources experience in higher education; a record of accomplishment demonstrating advancing and supporting a diverse and inclusive environment, creative problem solving skills, excellent judgment and analytical skills, proficiency in oral and written communication, customer service and organizational development skills, ability to effectively and positively influence others in an organization, development of organization-wide human resources initiatives, effective staff and team management, excellent relationship building skills and ability to work collaboratively, knowledge of and experience in administering and ensuring compliance with applicable state and federal statutes, regulations, and policies related to employment and human resources, collective bargaining processes and labor relations experience, are required.
Quincy College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. Quincy College is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.
Please submit the following documents online:
- Cover Letter