Solar Site Technician
To apply directly for the Solar Site Technician opportunity in San Jose, please use the link below:
Title: Solar Site Technician
Location: Somerset, NJ
Who We Are:
If change means solving one of the biggest challenges of our time by reinventing the way people power their homes, then we say bring it on. It doesn't hurt that we're reducing carbon emissions, adding new jobs to the economy, and having fun while doing it.
In 2007, Sunrun co-Founders Ed Fenster and Lynn Jurich set out to make home solar mainstream. Upfront cost was a huge barrier to home solar adoption, so they invented the model now known as "solar service." Sunrun allows homeowners to pay for solar power, not the panels. This means Sunrun owns, maintains, and monitors the system while homeowners pay for the electricity it produces.
Each business day, we install $2 million worth of solar and facilitate one solar installation every 10 minutes. Our network of more than 30 leading solar installers employs more than 3,000 people.
Sunrun Installation Services Inc., a subsidiary of Sunrun Inc., is looking for a Site Technician.
Our solar Site Technician serves as the representative for the engineering department in the field and is responsible for performing site surveys on upcoming projects, preparing documents for construction teams, and interfacing with building departments. The Site Technician may also be responsible for the permitting and inspection processes.
- Perform site audits on sold systems (take measurements, photographs, notes, and shading measurements of project sites)
- Meet with customers and discuss project details in order to accommodate their needs
- Prepare project documentation for construction teams
- Utilize software systems to record progress of various tasks
- Prepare permit submittal packages in accordance with jurisdictional requirements
- Submit and pick up permit packages at various building departments as needed
- Coordinate, organize and prepare jobsite for inspection process
- Support branch staff with administrative support, including organization and maintenance of project folders, uploads of pictures, completion of finished folders and some light administrative work
- 1+ years of previous field construction experience;
- Must be a motivated team player, looking to succeed;
- Experience with construction permitting is preferred;
- High School diploma is required, college degree is preferred;
- PV design or PV Electrical experience is preferred;
- Experience with PV plan sets is preferred;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Professional appearance and interaction;
- Strong computer skills;
- Maintain valid Driver's License and must be able to travel to multiple sites throughout the day.
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday
- Ability to set up, secure and climb a 20 foot ladder onto rooftop of various angles and surfaces
Sunrun Installation Services offers competitive salary and benefits
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Sunrun is a leading player in the home solar market, we help homeowners replace electricity they would otherwise purchase from the utility company with clean, attractively priced energy produced by a solar system that can be leased, bought through loan financing, or a cash purchase program with incentives. Customers love what we do, by helping them save money and with their goals of being sustainable.
San Jose, CA
Sun, 11 Jun 2017 10:28:23 PDT