Programmer Analyst II
San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
Programmer Analyst II
Job Number: 2017337
Location: San Marcos
Department: Enterprise Systems
Recruitment Type: Open to All
Job Type: Full-Time
Monthly Salary: $4,721.00 + Commensurate with Experience
Job Category: Exempt
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL programming
- Experience with MSSQL and/or Oracle database technology
- Demonstrated ability to grasp, apply, and transition to new technology
- Experience managing/administering several Enterprise applications with business continuity impacts tied directly to service levels
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface and collaborate with technical teams, Analysts, and clients.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed analysis; strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience in Higher Education a plus
- Experience working with Ellucian Banner Student Information System
- Experience configuring and managing UC4/Automic Workload Automation Suite
- Experience configuring and managing CS Gold/CBORD systems/applications
- Experience writing integration interfaces between Banner SIS and third parties
- Experience working with Ellucian Banner EIS Enterprise Identity Service
- Experience working with CAS Central Authentication Service
- Experience programming in Java
- Experience with Git distributed version control system
- Experience with Red Hat Linux operating system
- Experience with a Unix scripting language
Design and develop scripts, programs and applications using SQL and/or Oracle tools such as PL SQL and SQL*Plus, to meet the needs of users in support of the University mission. Work collaboratively with business process analysts and other developers and client teams to develop detailed design specifications and prototypes from business requirements. Develop system requirements. Implement coding solutions within our existing development Framework environment. Work with business analysts/project managers on QA testing for the application or program. Design and develop interfaces between logical components of the system as needed. Provide application support. Results and detail oriented with high levels of productivity.
- Work independently and participate as a member of one or more software development teams and project teams charged with developing and maintaining enterprise applications using a variety of software development technologies in a Microsoft Windows and/or Red Hat Linux environment.
- Facilitate and build end user confidence by producing quality products. Recommend process changes and ideas to improve product quality. Apply quantitative methods to analyze, synthesize and interpret data on various software platforms. Business problem solving using data, intuition, hypothesis setting and testing.
- Write software development plans and test documentation for assigned project work. Document and interpret technical approaches to solutions for business and technical requirements for software development. Design functional and technical solutions, including data and process flow, program and database designs.
- Communication to include in-person communication with project team and clients; provide timely and effective communications with peers, managers, other technical support personnel and relevant stakeholders.
- Participate constructively in project meetings and provide ongoing status to peers, project management, and management.
- Identify potential problems, evaluate application performance against documented requirements, and actively determine specifications and standards for applications.
- Troubleshoots application errors or applications not operating. In conjunction with users, isolates problems from symptoms, determines solution or alternatives, develops and implements a resolution. Assists with application software upgrades.
- Remain current in evolving technologies as well as currently used technologies and methodologies. Recommend adoption of new technologies and practices when appropriate.
- Work with internal clients to gather resources on how to approach a particular business problem. Communicate, track, and close software enhancements and defects.
- Design, develop, deploy, and manage packages, scripts, programs, customizations, interfaces, and reports as needed.
- Work closely with functional user departments to gather requirements, clarify process details, implement testing procedures, verify test results.
Additional Information to Applicants:
TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES WILL NOT SPONSOR OR TRANSFER VISA SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS POSITION****
Job Open Date: 06/08/2017
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Normal Work Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start: 8:00AM
Normal Work Hours End: 5:00PM
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION.
Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
For a detailed description of this position and to apply, visit jobs.hr.txstate.edu or call (512) 245-2557 or visit our office at 601 University Dr., J.C. Kellam Bldg., Suite 340.
About Texas State and San Marcos:
Texas State University is a emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of eight campuses in the Texas State University System and one of the 75 largest universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff
Texas State is located in San Marcos, a growing community of over 50,000 people located about half way between Austin and San Antonio. Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and pecan trees on the campus add to the charm of the university's picturesque setting. Our location on the banks of the San Marcos River provides outdoor recreational activities throughout the year.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon a criminal history background check.
Texas State University is a tobacco free campus.
Texas State University is an EOE and a member of the Texas State University System.
Apply Online at Texas State University
Texas State University main webpage
Summary of Benefits
Texas State University Human Resources
San Marcos, Texas Chamber of Commerce