Learning Commons Librarian
The Becker College Learning Commons is currently seeking a forward-thinking, student-focused candidate for the position of Learning Commons Librarian. Under the supervision of the Director of Library Operations, the Learning Commons Librarian will work with library staff, faculty, students and the administration to provide and maintain library services at two college campuses. The ideal candidate will be an innovative, dynamic, skilled librarian capable of managing online, written and face-to-face library services in conjunction with teaching library principles that incorporate the vision and mission of the College. In addition, the Learning Commons Librarian will coordinate and conduct all instruction determined by the Information Literacy Framework, and support library liaisons that integrate into student learning assessments. This position will work collaboratively with other departments within the Learning Commons (i.e. Information Technology Department, Collaborative Learning Center), library staff, the Becker community and outside vendors to ensure optimization of the Libraries’ resources. This is a full-time, 12 Month position.
The Learning Commons Librarian provides leadership for Deans, Department Chairs, faculty and staff to ensure that instructional programs, resources, and services promote the welfare and best interests of students in a manner consistent with the Learning Commons mission and core values of the College.
• Master of Library Science or Master of Library and Information Science degree from an accredited program
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working at an academic library; experience in a learning commons environment is helpful
• Ability to assess instructional programs, including collecting session attendance data and feedback regarding library instructor effectiveness, student and faculty satisfaction, and incorporating assessment data to improve instruction overall in connection with the Information Literacy Framework
• Ability to identify and implement new technologies to improve library services in conjunction with the Technical Services Specialist; knowledge of and experience with instructional technology and video tutorials a plus
• Flexibility with and adaptability to changing information and learning technologies
• Experience with integrated library systems; knowledge of OCLC WMS and Worldcat Discovery a benefit
• Previous experience with guiding and training work-study students at the Circulation and IT Desks
• Working knowledge of student-focused social media interests and publicity is helpful
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to professionally represent the Libraries, Learning Commons and the College in person and online
• Requires Circulation/Reference Desk coverage during the day
Qualified candidates should send resume, cover letter and three professional references to Steven Bourgault, Associate Director, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org