Biological Scientist II - UFCTRND
Biological Scientist II
This position requires preparation of plasmid midi and mini preps, performance of primary cell culture studies, preparation and maintenance of molecular biology reagents, related buffers and solutions as well as preparation of reagents for AAV. Incumbent will be responsible for various animal study activities including necropsy and preparation of tissue. Duties also include coordination of all activities with outside collaborators as well as preparation of data and figures for inclusion in grants and manuscripts.
AAV preparation and purification.
Primary Cell Culture Studies.
Animal studies including necropsy and preparation of tissue.
Coordinating activities with outside collaborators.
Molecular biology related reagents preparation.
Data organization, analysis and presentation. Preparing data and figures for inclusion in grants and manuscripts.
Laboratory consumables and inventory maintenance.
$34,000 - $40,000
Doctoral degree in biology or a closely related field; or a master's degree in biology or a closely related field and one year of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in biology or a closely related field and three years of relevant experience.
- A bachelor's degree in psychology or biology and at least one year of experience working in an experimental research lab.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out experiments with a modest amount of supervision.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques.
- Master's degree is an advantage.
- High-quality teamwork.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to compose sections of documents to support research mission.
- Knowledge in basic data processing and preparation for analysis.
- Practical knowledge in computer operating systems (Windows, Macintosh OS), and software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Sigma stat).
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a time limited position.
Please attach full CV and list of references.
Health Assessment Required: Yes