Adjunct Instructors - TESOL and Bilingual Certificate Programs
Openings in TESOL and Bilingual Certificate Programs
About Touro College:
Touro is a system of Jewish-sponsored non-profit institutions of higher and professional education. Touro College was chartered in 1970 primarily to enrich the Jewish heritage, and to serve the larger American community. Approximately 19,000 students are currently enrolled in its various schools and divisions. Touro College has branch campuses, locations and instructional sites in the New York area, as well as branch campuses and programs in Berlin, Jerusalem, Moscow, Paris, and Florida. Touro University California and its Nevada branch campus, as well as Touro College Los Angeles and Touro University Worldwide, are separately accredited institutions within the Touro College and University System. For further information on Touro College, please go to: http://www.touro.edu/media/.
The Adjunct Instructor works with the Program Chair and Lead Course Instructor to teach program courses.
Master and teach graduate course sections in one or more of the following areas:
- TESOL methodology
- TESOL assessment
- Multicultural education
- Literacy for TESOL
- Applied Linguistics
- Teaching in a Native language/ Native language arts
Courses are pre-designed in a standard format. Participation in an Adjunct/Full Time Instructors’ Online Learning Community is expected.
- Masters Degree required, earned doctorate preferred, in TESOL and/or Bilingual education
- Successful classroom teaching experience, K-12, of diverse students
- Successful graduate-level teaching experience, face-to-face and/or online
- Experience in course and program design
- Commitment to multicultural urban education
- Excellent communication, teaching, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Proficiency in online learning platforms including Blackboard, Adobe Connect, etc.
Occasional travel to Program Meetings at Touro College locations.
Please send a cover letter with salary expectations and your resume to: Dr. Seongshin Kim, firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should read: “Adjunct Instructor.”
Apply for Adjunct Instructors - TESOL and Bilingual Certificate Programs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly