Assistant/Associate Professor - TESOL and Bilingual Certificate Programs
Openings in TESOL and Bilingual Certificate Programs
About Touro College:
Touro is a system of Jewish-sponsored non-profit institutions of higher and professional education. Touro College was chartered in 1970 primarily to enrich the Jewish heritage, and to serve the larger American community. Approximately 19,000 students are currently enrolled in its various schools and divisions. Touro College has branch campuses, locations and instructional sites in the New York area, as well as branch campuses and programs in Berlin, Jerusalem, Moscow, Paris, and Florida. Touro University California and its Nevada branch campus, as well as Touro College Los Angeles and Touro University Worldwide, are separately accredited institutions within the Touro College and University System. For further information on Touro College, please go to: http://www.touro.edu/media/.
The Assistant or Associate Professor works with the Program Chair to design and teach program courses, advise and supervise masters-degree candidates, actively participate in faculty learning communities, and conduct scholarly research.
- Teach a total of six Master’s level graduate courses, or their equivalent, in the TESOL and Bilingual Program each year (in various locations throughout the metropolitan area)
- Advise students
- Provide service to the School and College (through committee work, peer collaboration, etc.)
- Pursue knowledge development through scholarly writing, presentations, publications, or research
- Contribute to curriculum development and program building
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Preparation, and Training
- Doctoral degree in relevant field, e.g.,TESOL, bilingual education, applied linguistics,
- Teaching experience in higher education
- K-12 teaching experience in public or private schools
- Experience in teacher education
- Pedagogical knowledge
- Strong knowledge and experience in developing assessment tools
- Study abroad experience preferred
- Online teaching experience preferred
- Knowledge production
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Speak a language other than English (preferred)
- Instructional technology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Proficiency in online learning platforms including Blackboard, Adobe Connect, etc.
- Must be willing to teach course(s) in different boroughs.
Apply for Assistant/Associate Professor - TESOL and Bilingual Certificate Programs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly