Specialist - Outreach-Fixed Term
He or she will provide technical assistance, leadership and training to Dairy Foods Complex staff, students and industry to produce safe and quality dairy products. He or she will oversee training and compliance for all personnel to ensure that established procedures and customer requirements, requirements by regulatory agencies and third party audits areall being met. He or she must be committed to continual improvement to food quality and safety programs. A portion of the appointment will also include extension as well as team teaching in animal products courses.
- Responsible for understanding all applicable food regulations, ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations, and effectively interacting with state and federal regulatory personnel
- Responsible for developing food safety and quality assurance programs including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), Preventive Controls for Human Foods, Quality Management System (QMS) and creating improvement strategies for the Dairy Foods Completion.
- Responsible for setting up a QA/QC laboratory for chemical and microbial testing and environmental monitoring, overseeing the daily operations of this lab, training and supervising students working in the lab
- Setting up and maintaining an effective recall program for all products, determining corrective action and preventive measure, communicating effectively with regulatory agencies
- Effectively working with the Dairy Foods Complex staff to investigate customer/consumer complaints using root cause analysis, corrective actions and preventive measures, and respond to complaints in the required timeframe, and analyzing complaint trends
- Maintaining proper records of all related items
- Maintaining awareness of industry advances and technologies of the latest the industry has to offer with regards to food safety, sanitary design of equipment, and product quality.
- Responsible for understanding and leading the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards, implementation and recertification, responsible for facilitating and overseeing preparations and third party audits
M.S. degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, or related field, having successfully completed requirements and training to be a preventive controls qualified individual. Approximately 2+ years’ experience in a dairy processing environment.Required Application Materials
CV and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions
Please submit CV and cover letter through the MSU Careers website at careers.msu.edu. Review of applications begins on June 26, 2017 and continues until the position is filled.