The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
Work From Home
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Writing Tutor (WT) provides writing support primarily to first- and second-year students enrolled in Master's and Doctoral programs. In collaboration with the Academic Success Program (ASP) team, the WT assists students in honing their academic and professional writing skills using a learning-focused approach. The WT works 5-19 hours/week, depending on ASP needs. The WT reports to the national Director of Academic Success Programs at the NCADE.
- Assess the writing-related needs of individual students referred to ASP for support via the Writing Assessment and Development Process (WADP).
- Conduct writing tutorials within the Academic Writing Seminar (AWS).
- Effectively use the resources in the Graduate Student Success Program (GSSP) to address student writing needs.
- Provide writing assistance to students whose primary language is not English.
- Maintain and communicate records of student progress.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in compliance with FERPA.
- Behave in a collegial and professional manner with all members of TCSPP community and adhere to the highest professional conduct and ethical standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in English, Psychology or psychology-related area required.
- Knowledge of APA writing style and formatting required.
- Previous experience tutoring college-level composition to a culturally diverse student population required.
- Experience tutoring students in academic and professional writing in a one-on-one (online or on-ground) setting required.
- Experience tutoring bilingual students and students for whom English is a second or foreign language required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Scheduling flexibility preferred.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System.