Senior Linux System Admin (Mission Support Engineer) Position
Logyx has a position for a Sr.Linux System Administrator to join our team in support of the NASA Ames Research Center ulti-Mission Operations Center (MMOC). You will join a team of Mission Support Engineers (MSE's) who provide IT (voice, video, data), and network services). You will work in an exciting and challenging environment in support of NASA spaceflight missions at Ames Research Center, located in Mountain View, CA.
The ideal candidature will possess a broad background encompassing multiple varieties of Linus/Unix and significant networking experience.
- BS in Computer Science and 5+ years relevant experience or equivalent requisite experience
- Strong Linux systems administrations, troubleshooting, and diagnostic skills
- knowledge of standard networking protocols and services (TCP/IP, NFS, HTTP, rsync), and ability to troubleshoot/diagnosis networking issues
- Experience designing, implementing, securing, and turning Linux servers
- Strong understanding of computer and network security and best practices across platforms
- Ability to work quickly, independently, and effectively, with minimal supervision as well as work well in a team environment
- Must be able to adjust priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to independently lift 50 pounds and to install and maintain server equipment in standard 7 foot tall racks
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated proficiency in shell scripting (bash,sh, perl, tcl)
- Experience with Cisco IOS and Juniper OS
- Understanding of networking concepts including trunking and VLANs
- Working knowledge of Nagios, or other enterprise monitoring system (Ganglia, OpenView, etc.)
- Understanding of software and hardware RAID with Linux
- Experience with Mac PSX and Windows XP 64 bit
- Experience managing and using source code version control software such as CVS or Subversion
- Experience interoperating Unix and Windows systems
- Knowledge of tape backup methodologies and hands-on experience with EMC Legato or other enterprise backup systems
- Experience working with enterprise level storage solutions such as 3Par or EMC
- Experience IT Security and compliance with regulations such as HIPAA or FISMA
- This is a federal/government position, and therefore, US Citizenship or Green Card is required.
Logyx LLC EEO Statement
Logyx LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualfied applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origian, protected veteran or disavility status
Please click here for EEO poster
http://www.1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc self print poster.pdf
Mountain View, CA
Sun, 11 Jun 2017 12:33:31 PDT