Human Resources Coordinator
In support of the College's mission, strategic goals and plan, Queens College seeks to fill a Human Resources Coordinator vacancy.
Reporting directly to HR Manager of Employment Services & Data Reporting, the Human Coordinator is responsible for supporting the maintenance of all campus HR systems and ensuring information and data accuracy and assisting with initiative, project, and/or event planning, management; and execution.
In addition to the responsibilities listed in the CUNY Title Overview, specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in review and processing of teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of CUNY rules and regulations, relevant laws and guidelines, collective bargaining agreements and college policies and applies them to CUNYFirst procedures and entries
- Ensures timely and accurate data entry actions relating to Appointments, Reappointments, Leaves, Separations and Person of Interests
- Assist in guiding employees on claiming CUNYFirst accounts as well as other employee self-service inquiries for name changes, address changes, phone number changes, degree updates, marital status updates and emergency updates
- Assisting with the maintenance and support of HR systems such as the Ventus calendar system, the online sign-in system, HR Assist and PR Assist, ePAF system
- Analyzes administrative and operational processes, identifies improvement areas, and notifies management.
- Assist in researching and responding to audit reports, questions, and issues
Bachelor's Degree required.
Preferred qualifications include:
- One year of professional experience working in the Human Resources field, and/or with HRMS systems such as Oracle/PeopleSoft or similar systems and tools
- One year professional experience providing customer service and demonstrated ability to adapt to meet customer needs
- Experience working in a diverse urban environment
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Products, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously while managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrated organization skills; detail-oriented and ability to multi-task; strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal communication skills
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides information and services to the College community to support the Human Resources function.
- Prepares and executes various personnel transactions involving employee recordkeeping, processing of new hires, pay administration, and recruiting
- Maintains an understanding of policies, procedures, regulations, and collective bargaining agreements relevant to human resources
- Organizes and processes employee information; develops and maintains reports and queries; assures data accuracy and completeness
- Responds to requests for information; troubleshoots issues, follows up and responds to employee inquiries
- Assists HR managers with employee communications of all kinds; may prepare materials, conduct orientation sessions, or update web pages
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: HR Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number 16936
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
Please note that candidates must upload a cover letter describing related qualifications and experience, resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) professional references as ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
**Please use a simple name for the document that you upload, for example, JDoeResume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.
August 8, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queens College
Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Job ID: 16936
Full/Part Time: Full-Time