Assistant Director of the Early Childhood Center
The Assistant Director of the Early Childhood Center will report to the Director of Early Childhood Center. This person will:
- Work with the Director to develop strategic planning, budget planning, and decision-making related to the day-to-day and long-term needs of the Early Childhood Center
- Oversee the off-site childcare services.
- Coordinate assessment of the center.
- Develop programs for student-parents and special programs for the children in the center.
- Coordinate professional development programs for Early Childhood Center staff.
- Assist in the supervision of the classroom teachers, assistant teachers, student teachers, and family social worker.
- Assist in researching and writing for the various grants funded by the city, state and other sources.
- In the absense of the Director, serve as liaison to the college community, university, and external agencies.
- Participate in BMCC Childhood Board Corporation meeting as needed.
- Provide assistance with major college-wide events such as commencement, orientation, registration, and honors convocation.
- Participate in campus-wide retention and persistence outreach and activities.
BA in one or combination of following areas (or the equivalent): Early Childhood Education, Business Management, Organizational Management or Communications; MA preferred. Four years' related experience also required. Additionally, must meet NY State licensing requirements and all other regulatory requirements for a Group Teacher.
- Master's degree in Early Childhood Education and New York State Certification required.
- Experience with supervising staff and teachers preferred.
- Experience with grants and report writing for external agencies.
- Knowledge of current practice theory and research.
- Knowledge of best practices in student success program implementation with an emphasis on research, assessment, and data-informed decision making.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with attention to detail, and proven leadership.
- Willingness to work evening hours and weekends as necessary.
- Be a dynamic individual can work independently and under general supervision to provide courteous and accurate customer service to all students, visitors and campus community.
- Have a record of successful implementation of programs for a diverse student population with evidence of successful collaborations.
- Be or have been involved in professional associations.
- Have proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Assists in administering a child care center to provide a safe and stimulating environment for children in the center's care.
- Develops appropriate learning programs, events and activities
- Assists in developing, implementing, and monitoring center goals
- Assists in supervising and evaluating center staff
- Provides on-site presence for parent communications and problem resolution
- Maintains compliance with relevant regulations and health and safety guidelines
- May occasionally teach children in the Center
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary $47,340 - $63,617
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Access CUNYfirst Portal
July 14, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Borough of Manhattan CC
Job Title: Assistant Director of the Early Childhood Center
Job ID: 16948
Full/Part Time: Full-Time