Digitization Project Coordinator
Salary: $44,200 - $55,000
Title: Digitization Project Coordinator
Category: Management and Professional
Department: University Library
Date Posted: 04/13/2017
Position Information: The Digitization Project Coordinator is responsible for digitizing and providing access to the Sherman Indian Museum's collection of historical records, documents, and photographs. This position will oversee both on-site and outsourced digitization and will manage the ingest of digitized content and metadata into a digital asset management system (DAMS). This is a 2 year contract position. This position will start June 1, 2017 or shortly thereafter. This position will work off-site at the Sherman Indian Museum in Riverside.
Minimum Requirements: Thorough knowledge of library data transformation techniques and software tools. Recommends new technology as needed.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy and tact in dealing with a variety of people and situations.
Thorough knowledge of applicable systems and databases.
Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve complex problems, and recommend solutions.
Thorough professional knowledge of a full range of specialized functional subject area activities. This knowledge may be acquired through library experience, possibly in combination with specialized training and skills or relevant academic preparation.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to accurately apply a wide variety of policies and procedures.
Ability to perform accurate, detailed work.
Ability to foster a respectful, cooperative, professional and courteous environment, maintain confidentiality, and employ tact and diplomacy.
Ability to organize work, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships.
Ability to display initiative and remain flexible in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Demonstrated knowledge of digitization procedures, workflows, and standards.
Preferred Qualifications: Familiarity with metadata and archival descriptive standards such as Dublin Core and DACS.
Demonstrated record of project management.
Demonstrated experience and success in working with the American Indian community including specialized knowledge of Native American customs, history, and culture.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview