Regional Volunteer Services Officer
Regional Volunteer Services Officer Job Description:
As part of the regional senior leadership team, the Regional Volunteer Services Officer is responsible for strengthening and growing programs and services that will meet the specific needs of the communities served throughout the state of MS.
By way of effective volunteer management, the Regional Volunteer Services Officer develops long- and short-term program strategies and oversees the creation and implementation of both large-scale single programs/services, and multiple smaller-scale programs/services.
The Regional Volunteer Services Officer also directs and oversees the work assignment and performance of several staff members and volunteers, develops and executes recruitment strategies, manages the volunteer on-boarding process for the region, and ensures coordinated outreach and partnerships within the larger Red Cross organization and external constituents (e.g.: community agencies).
The Regional Volunteer Services Officer serves as a program and service subject matter expert (SME) to staff, management, volunteers and external partners, and represents the Red Cross for the purposes of regional volunteer engagement.
Regional Volunteer Services Officer Minimum Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Qualified candidates must have at least 7 years of progressive experience directing and leading large scale social service programs and volunteers,
- A strong track record of leadership results in non-profit and/or for-profit organizations
- Proven results in achieving financial success in a business unit or area, and leveraging relationships with diverse levels of internal & external stakeholders
- The demonstrated ability to develop effective work teams and build consensus within the organization and the community
- Proven ability to build strong relationships that fosters collaborative approaches to achieving organizational success.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills,
- Proven ability to management multiple projects, pilot programs and frequently changing priorities
- Demonstrated knowledge of non-profit management and volunteer engagement
- Ability to apply financial rigor and acumen to all initiatives
- At least an intermediate proficiency in MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiarity with federal, state and local employment laws is preferred.
- Management Experience: Must have a minimum of 5 years staff management experience.
Travel: This position will require regular travel throughout the region/state.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
Sat, 27 May 2017 12:35:27 PDT