EH&S Senior Consultant
Alta is growing the EHS Team with the addition of a dynamic EH&S Senior Consultant. The ideal candidate will work on various Environmental Health & Safety compliance projects autonomously and under supervision of the Vice President of EH&S. The candidate must have a thorough working knowledge of multimedia Environmental, Health and Safety compliance and more specifically, management of hazardous waste, hazardous waste facility permitting (Permit By Rule, Standardized Permit, TSDF). The successful candidate will have solid technical knowledge of the regulatory framework and strong client relationship strengths.
Key Responsibilities will include California EH&S regulatory compliance audits, hazardous waste facility permitting, waste characterization, hazardous waste tanks assessments, Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) reporting, Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP) & California Environmental Reporting System (CERS), Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans, Industrial Hygiene assessments, Health & Safety policies, Hazardous waste minimization, SCAQMD/CARB Regulatory Support, and provide training for the management of hazardous waste and materials.
Preferred candidates will have BS or MS degree in environmental science, engineering, or industrial hygiene, 5-8 years of experience in the management of hazardous waste and OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification preferred.
Do you want to be a part of building a great organization and making a difference to your clients? If that sounds like your aspirations, Alta is a great place to build a great career with an outstanding team. You'll be working with smart and dedicated people who work hard but like to have fun. There will be plenty of opportunity to hone your skills and share your knowledge and ideas. And, probably most importantly, we do important work in a business that continues to expand and grow - which means you can continuously build your technical expertise, expand your professional reputation, collaborate with other top experts, and grow a career with us. If that matches where you want to be in your career and how you like to work, let us hear from you!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The EH&S Senior Consultant will perform the following and other duties as assigned:
- Provide analysis and recommendations on regulatory issues to ensure continuous, proactive support and compliance for existing and future clients.
- Develop new clients as well as leveraging existing clients and company talent.
- Monitor and evaluate regulatory developments and provide analysis and recommendations.
- Assist clients by responding to immediate needs as well as providing forward-thinking counsel on potential regulatory requirements.
- Actively write, speak, and present topical information to applicable conferences, industry newsletters, regulatory working groups, etc.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- 5+ years' experience in environmental consulting and progressive knowledge and expertise in Federal and California pollution management and hazardous waste rules.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, environmental science or other applicable field; Master's degree preferred.
- Goal-oriented, high energy individual
- Proven track record of client relationships and project work; well-established industry and regulatory contacts, particularly in Southern California.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, and manage multiple, often competing tasks
- Experience in industry or a consulting firm preferred, project management experience a plus
- A driven, insightful, curious, pragmatic, and strategic mind
- Outstanding research, analytical, writing, and editing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professionalism, poise, and the ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to travel, if required (although travel is minimal)
- A deep commitment to the mission and culture of Alta Environmental
Compensation and Location
Alta Environmental offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This position will be located in our Long Beach office.
Alta Environmental is growing a different kind of consulting firm a firm of dynamic, motivated, and entrepreneurial technical experts. Alta is known for anticipating and resolving sustainability, compliance, remediation and restoration needs for the most significant industrial businesses and agency sector organizations. We are the best and brightest, a team of technical and scientific leaders and innovators who keep ahead of trends and requirements. Our experts are trusted advisors to clients across many industries and sectors. We help our clients obtain and maintain compliance with federal, state and local environmental regulations; and we specialize in the complex California regulatory agencies' requirements. Our work makes businesses and communities cleaner, stronger, and safer. As a firm, Alta focuses on growth, and on building a unique corporate culture that fosters collaboration and continuous improvement.
Long Beach, CA
Sat, 10 Jun 2017 16:27:07 PDT