LAB RESEARCH ANALYST I
LAB RESEARCH ANALYST I
Surgical Sciences-Sections for AIDS R&D
Conduct a variety of investigations in the planning, development and implementation of experimental procedures within the overall scope of are search project at Duke University.
The Laboratory for AIDS Vaccine Research & Development studies anti-HIV neutralizing antibody responses, a key component of a number of successful vaccines for other infectious diseases. We're seeking qualified applicants to be part of this internationally recognized laboratory for performing DNA plasmid preparation, DNA cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, sequence analysis, gel electrophoresis, DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, RT-PCR, and SGA cloning. Past experience with cell culture, HIV virus, microbiology, multiple channel pipette, read and understand standard operation procedure (SOP), biological specimen shipment, and good laboratory practice (GLP) or good clinical practice (GCP) are preferred.
- Conduct a variety of investigations in the planning, development and implementation of experimental procedures and specialized laboratory techniques in the analysis of materials under experimentation.
- Collect information and data through observation, experimentation and various other methods, to include operating highly technical laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Prepare tissue and specimens for complex procedures, and devise experimental techniques for tests and analyses.
- Evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Confer with principal investigator in determining specific experiments to be included in the research protocol and to discuss the interpretation of results.
- Review journals, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous experiments to aid in the design and development of original procedures and techniques.
- Supervise, train and instruct lower level personnel in laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
1888 LAB RESEARCH ANALYST I
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, genderidentity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, orveteran status.*******************************************************Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or otherdirectly related scientific field.
Work requires two years of research experience. A related master'sdegree may offset required years of experience on a 1:1 basis, e.g., atwo year master's degree in lieu of two years of experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.