SENIOR AUDITOR - Health System
SENIOR AUDITOR - Health System
Internal Audit Office
Senior Auditor - Health System
The Office of Audit Risk and Compliance (OARC) is a dynamic risk and controls focused partner for Duke University, Duke University Health System and their affiliated entities. OARC performs operational, financial compliance and information technology audits to assess business processes and technology systems for efficiency, effectiveness and accuracy. OARC also conducts advisory engagements focused on risk assessment, root cause analysis, performance metrics, process design and technology pre-implementation. The Principal Auditor supports the mission and objectives of OARC through highly engaged interaction with the Manager and Director, collaboration with team members and independent delivery of high quality professional services. Valuable professional attributes include personal initiative, highly developed critical thinking, strong relationship building skills, confident communication style and diplomacy. The successful Principal Auditor is also a visible and engaged member of Duke, building and developing effective partnerships with key internal and external customers to achieve results. The Principal Auditor position is an ideal gateway into the complex, challenging and rewarding environment of a world class university and academic medical center. After three to five years with OARC, Principal Auditors are expected to pursue professional advancement opportunities within Duke. The broad exposure to the organization provides the Principal Auditor the knowledge and experience to pursue career advancement. The most successful Principal Auditor is one who has capitalized on his/her relationships for long-term success with Duke.
Work performed includes:
- Communicate and collaborate with OARC team members, department leadership and client representatives.
- Plan and perform independent, objective audit and advisory service engagements based upon understanding risks, developing scope and project management against milestones.
- Examine and analyze records and conduct client interviews to evaluate internal controls, business process design, risk mitigation strategy and/or compliance with Duke policy or third party regulations.
- Lead risk-based engagement planning, perform fieldwork, document work papers and draft engagement reports.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
1021 SENIOR AUDITOR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's Degree in accounting, economics, management information systems or related field; advanced degree desirable.
- Requires at least four years experience in the management, review or analysis of accounting and financial operations, including responsibility for audit engagement planning, oversight and delivery.
- At least three experience in public accounting preferred.
- Experience in academic medical center or tertiary hospital desired for the health system auditors.
- Public accounting or consulting firm experience preferred.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
CPA, CIA or other relevant professional certification is strongly preferred.
- Project management
- Work paper documentation
- Research and investigation
- Business process documentation
- Risk and control identification
- Data collection and analysis
- Problem solving tools and techniques
- Solid business acumen
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Influence and communication
- Leadership and teamwork
- Change management
- Diplomacy and conflict resolution
- Strong relationship management abilities
- Desire to achieve value-added project outcomes.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.