IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST A/SENIOR
Duties: IT support specialist position works with a team of IT professionals to guide the strategic direction of Information Technology in Wharton Executive Education of the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania and to support its use by staff and students. More specifically, this position's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provide computing support and expertise in the use of all PCs, laptops and mobile devices for: staff, faculty and participants. Being conscientious of tone and customer service level in communications.
- Providing computing support expertise for Executive Education programs, specifically their use of classroom technologies, computer simulations, mobile technologies, etc. On occasion this may require travel or non-business hour onsite and remote support.
- Provide tutorial sessions for staff and participants for Canvas and other online related platforms.
- Evaluating and making recommendations on new technologies and products;.
- Assisting in the development, implementation, and maintenance of all systems infrastructure SCC and VH.
- Managing student workers.
- Maintaining high visibility within the group by sharing thoughts, ideas, and status updates in a timely manner.
- Working collaboratively and listening actively.
- Proactively expanding knowledge helpful to the position and applying such knowledge gained towards goals in the workplace.
- Taking ownership of duties and responsibilities, including possessing true interest in the work and the quality of work presented.
Qualifications: Junior Level: A Bachelor's degree and 0-1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. The position requires technical support experience and excellent verbal and written communications required. Excellent interpersonal skills, strong problem solving abilities, confident presence under pressure, and work habits are required. Experience supporting Windows desktop & notebook computers, Windows servers, and a wide variety of applications is required. Excellent knowledge of local area network technologies, School and University systems for general business and computer system management.
Senior level: A bachelor's and 2-3 years of technical support experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Strong verbal and written communications required. Excellent interpersonal skills, strong problem solving abilities, confident presence under pressure, and work habits are required. Experience supporting Windows desktop & notebook computers, Windows servers and a wide variety of applications is required. Excellent knowledge of local area network technologies and firewall appliances. Ability to create and modify web applications using Python and Django. School and University systems for general business & computer system management are desirable. Experience with content management systems, SharePoint services, VMware, Media Wiki, SQL Server.
Skills: A professional, customer-service oriented demeanor is critical to this role. This individual must be organized, have a strong ability to multi-task, problem-solve, meet deadlines, and work independently. Punctually and attention to detail are crucial. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential. Specific technologies include:
- MS Windows virtual and physical desktops and laptops, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Windows Server; virtual and physical, especially, print sharing, terminal services, web services and Microsoft SQL administration.
-Active Directory Group Policy and administration.
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit administration.
- Network topologies, switches administration, and troubleshooting.
- Firewall appliances administration and troubleshooting.
- Remote troubleshooting using VNC, Bomgar, etc.
- Email ticketing/Help Desk software using Zendesk, Jira, etc.
- School and University systems for classroom technology, general business, and computer systems management.
- Application development for web base applications. For example using Django and Python.
- VMware administration including Vcenter.
Reference Number: 07-26082
Salary Grade: A/C
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Executive Education
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: E-Information Systems/Technology