Facilities Planner I
Facilities-Gen - 152000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Thursday 7:30 am - 5 pm; Friday 7:30am - 2:30pm
The Campus Planning group within the Facilities Planning, Design & Construction Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Facilities Planner I to join our team.
Facilities Planning, Design & Construction consists of seven sub-groups: Campus Planning, Auxiliary Planning, Landscape Planning, Engineering, Estimating, Construction Inspection, and Facilities Planning Resources. For additional information on FPDC you may visit our website at: http://facilities.unt.edu/depts/fmc.
The primary purpose of the department of Facilities Planning, Design & Construction is to oversee planning, design, renovation and construction efforts to physical facilities on the UNT Denton campus and to maintain all building records for the campus. FPDC is responsible for serving the campus as a resource for estimating, site design, architectural, landscape and interior design, construction management, furniture procurement, campus mapping, space analysis, & long-range planning services and ensuring compliance with all applicable State & Federal statutes, laws and codes related to State buildings, procurement and construction. FPDC also maintains building records for all campus facilities including utility & infrastructure maps, surveys, site plans, floor plans, construction documents, & other building records. We also act in an advisory capacity for System managed projects.
As one of the nation's largest public universities and the most comprehensive in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, we are dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience to a diverse student body of over 36,000 students. UNT is a student-focused public research university with 12 colleges and schools offering 97 bachelors, 81 masters, and 35 doctoral degree programs, many nationally and internationally recognized. With more than 400 student organizations, NCAA Division I athletics and an array of concerts presented by our world-renowned College of Music, there's something for everyone at UNT. UNT has been named by Forbes as one of America's 100 Best College Buys® for 17 consecutive years, the state's most affordable research university, according to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and The Princeton Review named us a "Best in the West" university.
The Facilities organization at UNT is a service provider comprised of the following divisions: Facilities Planning, Design & Construction (FPDC); Facilities Maintenance (FM) and Facilities Support & Services (FSS). We are responsible for the planning, renovation, maintenance and repair of university buildings and facilities, as well as other services playing an essential role to the mission of the University of North Texas. Facilities has over 325 employees who lead the way in caring for and operating over 170 facilities and 904 acres of landscape. Our goal is to provide world class support for the University by ensuring safe, reliable, efficient facility and utility services delivered with outstanding customer services and effective stewardship of resources and the environment. For additional information on Facilities you may visit our website at: www.facilities.unt.edu. University of North Texas Career Bands are located on the Human Resources website at: www.hr.unt.edu under the subtitle of Pay Plan.
The Facilities Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Facilities Planner I to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Provide management oversight for all phases (budgeting, programming, design & construction) of construction for renovation & new construction projects up to $2M.
* Perform in-house design and construction document production services.
* Provide management oversight of construction projects for compliance with plans and specifications, on schedule and within budget.
* Works with campus constituents to identify and analyze the programmatic needs and goals for a project; and assess project resources and limitations and provides scope and design recommendations to clients.
* In-depth knowledge of applicable building codes, ordinances and regulations. Knowledge should include but not limited to American Disabilities Act Guidelines and Life Safety codes.
* Coordinate due diligence efforts on behalf of team, consultants, clients, maintaining and delivering all appropriate documentation.
* Review plans, specifications, finish selections for conformance with university standards and payment applications.
* Reviews bids, examines alternates and samples, and assists in determining award of contracts with purchasing officials.
* Act in a supervisory capacity for students and/or other staff as assigned.
* Act as the Training/Orientation coordinator for new staff and part-time student design assistants.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or related field and four years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. Licensed Architect or Interior Designer in the State of Texas.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Strong project management skills.
* Physical ability to access work areas which may be in confined spaces or elevated heights.
* Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
* Ability to plan, design and prepare construction documents.
* Ability to analyze construction documents and codes.
* Proficiency in specific software may be required.
* Valid driver's license and ability to drive a vehicle, and maintain coverage under University auto insurance policy, if required to drive University vehicles.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Depth of experience in Facilities planning, architectural design and construction administration.
* Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms and possession of a strong analytical and problem solving ability.
* supervisory experience.
* Proven working knowledge using AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Adobe products, Excel, Power Point.
* Familiarity with Texas Higher Educational Facilities including knowledge of state procurement regulations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
$57,854 through $67,399, depending on experience
Quicklink for Posting