Senior Engineering Manager
American Career Search,Inc has been exclusively engaged to locate a Senior Engineering Manager
You will be responsible for facilities, plant engineering and product development teams.
This position requires top leadership that can create documentation, align organization structure, identify talent and culture a great work environment.
Must be a very hands on, creative and a take ownership personality type.
*Our Client is a diversified manufacturing company with $550m dollars in annual revenue with operating subsidiaries across the US and is engaged in the production of industrial truck equipment.
This division is one of the top ranked brands in their industry with #1 brand recognition is each segment.
This location has 70 total staff and 7 direct reports. Growth is anticipated at 20% annual.
They strive to be the employer of choice and understand that the best employees make for the best company.
Senior management position engaged in a collaborative team environment with direct responsibility for new product development, engineering process development, departmental budget control, and team development. Drive positive changes that directly support defined and deployed Strategic Objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Create and sustain a culture consistent with company's vision statement
2. Effective leadership, management and development of direct reports
3. Passionately lead both direct and indirect reports creating process consistencies and synergies across functions and locations
4. Promote open and honest communication across all organization levels and disciplines
5. Develop and administer reward and recognition systems that will motivate team to achieve project goals
6. Communicate simple, measurable, metrics to align employees with company goals and values
7. Remove barriers and obstacles from team's path to aid in their execution of project objectives.
8. Support VP of Engineering by providing advance notice and possible solutions to business anomalies
9. Support the company's deployed projects by appropriate resource alignment (both human and capital)
10. Evaluate business drivers, internal and external, adjust department priorities to take advantage of opportunities and maximize profitability
11. Define results expected, provide tools required to complete goals, hold self and team accountable to complete goals, administer corrective actions and discipline as appropriate
12. Analyze and distill multiple forms of information (verbal, written, environmental, business cues, competitive) from multiple sources, and take appropriate responses
13. Standardize and educate technical resources in the use of key NPD tools and processes such as but not limited to 3P events, DFMEA, computer simulations, lab testing, winter validation
14. Lead cross functional teams and coordinate activities with other functional areas to complete projects on time and within budget
1. Complete other related duties as assigned by VP Engineering from HQ
2. Compliance with and support of company rules and procedures is required
1. Define and manage fixed and capital budgets
2. Manage safety, quality and growth culture within organization
3. New Product launches exceeding customer expectations (internal and external)
4. Manage performance of direct reports
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Excellent oral and written presentation skills
2. Ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience (customers, suppliers, employees)
3. Past leadership positions with positive quantifiable new product development results
4. Product development experience with a complex mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
5. Ability to identify and extrapolate complex business signals
6. Results oriented approach
1. Direct Supervisory responsibility for Engineering Staff
2. Must have the ability to direct, guide and coach team members in a dynamic team environment
ACS Global Search is a Global Search firm that focuses on our clients. We work with select clients to ensure a top level service. Our clients rely on us for all their searches from Junior Engineering to Executives.
Fri, 9 Jun 2017 09:42:13 PDT