Center Director, Sylvan Learning Centers
Director, Sylvan Learning Center (K-12 Education)
Are you interested in both education and business? Do you have a healthy blend of experience working with children and customer-service talents? Would you like to put these both to good use enabling students to succeed in school? Sylvan Learning needs you! We provide a wide range of personalized tutoring services designed to improve academic growth for students. We are looking for a Director to manage the day-to-day operations of one of our Sylvan Learning Centers in the north/northwest suburbs of Chicago. From staff and operational oversight to business development, you will be responsible for your Center's success and continued educational integrity. If you want to be a part of an inspired organization that believes in fostering knowledge and confidence in children, apply today and don't let this opportunity pass you by!
As a Director, you will have responsibility over day to day center operations, the hiring of staff, curriculum delivery, optimization of the sales process, and marketing to schools and your surrounding community.
Your specific duties will include:
- Ensuring that the expectations of customers and students are exceeded
- Engaging in marketing activities to increase awareness of Sylvan Learning in your area
- Directing the sales process of new and potential enrollments, including initial inquiries and conferences with parents
- Student retention, including keeping parents informed about program progress
- Monitoring and tracking Center metrics and performance, including revenues, expenses, and tuition collection
- Creating a positive learning environment by modeling motivational behavior in the center for staff, students and parents
- Selecting, training, and managing instructors and other Center staff
- Demonstrating and upholding a high level of staff morale and spirit
- Administering Sylvan Skills Assessments, and analyzing and interpreting results
- Writing and recommending goal-based programs for Sylvan students, as well as monitoring programs for performance
- Establishing relationships and communication with students' teachers for insights on student progress
- Ensuring the professional appearance of your Center
As a Director, you must be able to effectively demonstrate the value of Sylvan Learning programs to families in order to drive enrollment. You must also be an enthusiastic and like-able leader with the ability to create a positive environment in your Center, leading students, parents and teachers. It is also important that you are highly detail-oriented and organized with strong problem-solving and planning skills.
Specific qualifications for the Director position include:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years teaching or similar experience working with children
- Minimum 2 years of related experience (particularly sales and marketing), with a strong focus on customer service
- Excellent verbal communication and persuasion skills and strong relationship-building abilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong follow-up skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, analyze/interpret business reports and statistics, and write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to work some evening hours and some Saturdays
As a Director with Sylvan Learning, you will be part of a high-quality educational company that focuses on student results as well as on building consumer value within the educational industry. This commitment to excellence and to creating a positive experience inspires many of our employees to remain with us for years. We will provide you with comprehensive training so that you can make the largest possible impact on our business while experiencing the satisfaction of watching your Learning Center grow. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation that includes benefits.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Lucrative incentives for meeting center objectives
- Health care
- Paid time off
- Ongoing training and learning opportunities to allow you to further develop your career and advance to new roles with us
Begin your journey today!
Sylvan Learning Centers offer personalized learning programs in Math, ACT/SAT, Reading, Study Skills, STEM and other areas. Sylvan is the leading provider of tutoring services in the U.S.
Fri, 9 Jun 2017 09:42:03 PDT