Guest Services Manager
Do you want to make a difference?
Are you looking for growth opportunities?
Passionate & customer-focused team members wanted for the following full-time position:
Job Title: Guest Services Manager
Position Purpose: Logistically manage the retail, salon and spa service areas with a primary focus on identifying business opportunities and ensure guest care is above expectations. Support the day to day management of the appointment book and Nurtur Professional schedules. Responsible for being a leader to motivate the Nurtur Professional Team to achieve sales goals, ensure proper procedures are being utilized and that customer's expectations are exceeded. Partner with other Managers to provide support and coaching to Nurtur Professionals in order for them to obtain business growth, professionalism and education.
Essential Job Functions: The duties noted below are considered to be essential job functions for one of the following reasons: performance of duty is why the job exists, failure to perform the duty may have serious consequences, limited number of employees available to perform duty, or the duty requires special skills.
Description of Duties: Work in partnership with the Salon/Spa Manager, Assistant Salon Spa Manager and other Guest Services Managers to:
• Coach the Nurtur Professional team to ensure they are focused on hospitality, guest care and service excellence.
• Daily support to guests to ensure their satisfaction is met during their service experience.
• Support company initiatives by ensuring productivity goals are met through managing the appointment book. This includes, but is not limited to: creating availability, up-selling services, etc.
• Must partner with all team members to ensure a consistent, quality experience for the guest by ensuring their appointments are scheduled appropriately.
• Support Strategies to achieve salon service and call volume goals, benchmarks and objectives.
• Logistically manage all salon stations and treatment rooms, ensuring they are scheduled correctly and maximized to their full potential.
• Partner with the Salon/Spa Manager and Assistant Salon/Spa Manager to create programs to build retention for the Nurtur Professional team.
• Help execute Nurtur Marketing campaigns by communication programs to guests by phone or email.
• Develop strategies to achieve retail and service goals and objectives.
• Support the Guest Care Managers in times of high traffic flow.
• Support the Guest Care Managers to ensure the team is following the cash management policy.
• Plan, coordinate and execute special events for the promotion of new launches.
• Educate all Nurtur Professionals, Guest Services and Guest Care teams of any new product launches and general product knowledge.
• Pro-actively managing the service book by identifying opportunities to up-sell services, effectively informing guests of current promotions, maintaining a wait list for services, etc.
• Manage the day-to-day behaviors of the Professional Staff including, but not limited to: dress code inspection, sanitation inspection, service behaviors, professionalism, etc.
• Support the Marketing/Public Relations team in guest outreach initiatives.
• Track all Guest Challenges and ensure guests are followed up with in a timely manner.
• Track all customer service surveys looking for opportunities to enhance the Nurtur experience.
• Respond to all customer service surveys by phone or email to ensure guest retention.
• Provide on-going recognition, support, and motivation for Nurtur Professionals and retail/guest services teams.
• Encourage and educate Professionals on their business with benchmarking, education and motivation to move their business forward.
• Utilize the Aveda coaching model to provide one-on-one coaching of behaviors that must be executed on a consistent basis in accordance to the Aveda service cycle while promoting excellence in guest care.
• Maintain and enhance the overall look of the salon.
• Function as the "Manager on Duty" in the absence of the Assistant Salon/Spa Manager or Salon/Spa Manager.
• Enforce policies and procedures of Nurtur the Salon; serve as a role model.
• Communicate all corporate policies and procedures to team members and ensure compliance.
• Partner with the Salon Coaches to resolve guest challenges in an effective and timely manner.
• Continuously work at creating and nurturing strong working relationships with other teams.
• Project a professional image at all times to internal and external clients.
• Create a sense of urgency; delegate appropriately; motivate self and team to accomplish objectives.
• Recruit, hire and train new team members and help maintain an active candidate pool.
• Administer training programs for reservations, selling skills, product knowledge and customer service.
• Actively participate in meetings, training and conference calls.
• Provide constructive feedback through daily coaching and annual evaluations for guest care and the Professional teams.
• Participate in Aveda and Nurtur Corporate Events including Career Fairs, Chamber Meetings, PR/Marketing Events, Holiday Event, Earth Month, Beauty for a Cure, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Achieving sales goals. Staying within approved budgets. Supervising all bank, and currency transactions.
• Ensure that all team members adhere to the Cash Management Policy.
• Control banking expenditures according to established procedures.
• Maintain personal sales and achieve sales goals.
• Ability to take initiative and accountability for the accuracy of information and for achieving results.
• Motivate self and others to overcome obstacles and achieve goals.
• Partnering with the Salon Director to develop action plans to ensure productivity of the salon and Guest Care departments.
• Work cohesively with other Guest Care Managers and Guest Services Managers.
• Significant interaction with Professional Staff, Guest Care team members, and guests.
• Interaction with team members from the Institute Support Center and outside vendors.
• This position requires daily use of excellent communication, analytical, computer and problem solving skills. Required to spend majority of work shift interacting with guests, team members and students.
• This position requires open availability and flexibility including mornings, evenings and weekends. The schedule for the Guest Care Manager should reflect time spent for in the moment coaching and working on the floor with the Guest Care Team to achieve business objectives and guest care. Meetings, events and conference calls may fall outside of scheduled hours where your presence is required. The Guest Care Manager is required to coordinate their schedule with the other Guest Care Managers and Assistant Salon/Spa Manager to ensure that one of them is present at the salon during operating hours.
• High School diploma
• Prior leadership experience with guest care in a retail, salon/spa or hospitality industry.
• Leadership: demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
• Time Management: ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
• Organization: ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills.
• Ability to make and implement decisions.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Eagerness to learn and grow in position.
• Demonstrated aptitude to train new team members.
• Demonstrated ability to provide excellent presentations.
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Willing to work a flexible schedule; including evenings and weekends.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; articulate in English.
• Strong commitment to customer service excellence.
• Commitment to company mission and vision.
Competencies: Everyone in the organization must demonstrate these competencies:
• Initiative: Taking ownership of our work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through
• Guest Focus: Striving for high guest satisfaction, going out of our way to be helpful and pleasant, making it as easy as possible on the guest rather than our department or the Institute
• Efficiency: Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways to do things
• Collegiality: Being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
• Quality/Compliance: Achieving a standard of excellence with our work processes and outcomes, honoring Institute policies and all regulatory requirements
• Communication: Balancing listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others, keeping others informed
• Coachability: Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement
• People management (for those with direct reports): Setting clear expectations, reviewing progress, providing feedback and guidance, holding people accountable
Nurtur Core Values - Everyone in the organization must follow these core values:
• Fun: Promotes fun in the work place.
• Trust: Creates trust by communicating with integrity
• Servant Leader: Is a servant leader and serves from the heart. Leads by example - willing to perform all functions expected of team.
• Teamwork: Fosters collaboration among teams and team members.
• Customer Focused: Is customer-centric in thought and action.
• "Raving Fans" Customer Service: Delivers world-class customer service to internal and external customers - creates raving fans.
• Continuous Improvement: Promoting continuous improvement in self and others. Develops self and others to attain full potential.
• Proactive/Solutions Oriented: Is action-oriented and solutions-oriented
• Accountable: Responsive to needs of team and holds team accountable - "Inspects what he/she expects."
• Thinks Win-Win: Creates win-win relationships with team and community.
• Sustainable: Is business-focused and bottom-line oriented.
• Above & Beyond: Is committed to excellence and exceptional results - inspires team to surpass goals.
• Assistant Salon Spa Manager
• Salon Spa Manager
• Salon Operations Director
• All team members of the Nurtur Professional Staff
• Guest Care Coordinators
• Must be able to travel occasionally for training, meetings, etc.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to walk; stand for a minimum of eight (8) hours per day; sit; use hands to handle objects; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, talk and hear. Majority of shift is spent in a standing position or at times a seated position. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include vision and the ability to read documents.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to a noise level that is usually minimal to moderate.
Do you want to make a difference?
Are you looking for a great place to work?
If you are looking for a esthetician position that offers competitive pay, paid vacation, paid holidays and other benefits, then look no further! Nurtur the Salon is looking for experienced estheticians who are highly motivated, productive and creative to join our team!
We care deeply for our guests, community and each other.
We constantly pursue learning and growth.
We strive to live the Aveda mission every day.
We love what we do.
We have fun!
Recognition: We have been on Salon Today Magazine Salon 200 for 7 years in a row; this year we were recognized in the following 6 of 10 categories -- Growth, Salon Culture, Philanthropy, Compensation & Benefits, Retention & Referral Programs, and Inventory Control.
Continuous, life-long learning is a core value of our company. At Nurtur, we believe that learning should never end. In order to support our team members in the development of their skills, we offer a continuing education program that is highly respected and recognized in the beauty industry. Our program entails diversified educational opportunities, which include:
Frequent in-salon education by top industry professionals. Nurtur has recently hosted the following educators:
o David Adams, redCHOCOLATE
o Daniel Holzberger, NAHA Editorial Stylist of the Year 2009
o Janell Geason, NAHA Makeup Artist of the Year - 2008, 2009
o Brent Crisp, Aveda Master Stylist
o Tim Howard, Mens Stylist
In-salon education by Aveda regional educators and Nurtur the Salon cut, color, spa and makeup coaches
Tuition assistance for off-site Aveda education classes
Successful candidates will have:
3-5 years experience preferred
Willing to work a flexible schedule; including evenings and weekends
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; articulate in English
Commitment to company mission and vision
Demonstrated passion for guest care and service excellence
Must be interested in the growth and the conduct of a socially responsible business
Fri, 9 Jun 2017 09:29:27 PDT