TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB PLEASE GO TO: http://awaretech.hirecentric.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans, develops, modifies, implements, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains software programming applications in compliance to company quality system design controls and applicable standards.
• Applies knowledge of electrical engineering principles to design analog/digital/embedded microcontroller/communications/interfaces systems.
• May be involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, troubleshooting, or repair of products.
• Is familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of tasks.
• Demonstrates a certain degree of creativity and latitude.
• Works under general supervision.
• Reports to the Engineering Manager or assign.
• Follows development schedule and timeframes.
• Operates within the company theme of Cost Effective by Design.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• BSCS/BSEE with at least three years or MSCS/MSEE with at least one year experience in the field with track record of good performance or a number of years of service with the company with excellent performance in the field.
• Experience programming in C/C++ (Assembly a plus).
• Experience with MS Office.
• Ability to use mathematics and scientific rules to solve problems.
• Ability to identify issues and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternate solutions, conclusions, and approaches to problems.
• Ability to support on-going projects and improve designs as it relates to cost and manufacturability.
• Ability to write detailed design documentation (hardware requirements, test protocols/reports, etc).
• Effective communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to sit, stand and/or move while performing job duties
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• Exemplary attendance and punctuality
• Visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field of vision. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading
• Must have dexterity of hands and fingers to operate equipment; hearing and speaking ability to exchange information in person or on the telephone; sight ability to read schematics and information
Awareness Technology, Inc.
Awareness Technology/Quest International, Inc. a US Manufacturer, offers economical alternatives to higher priced laboratory instruments. Awareness Technology's instruments maintain the high level of quality and reliability needed for long-term peace of mind, in a wide range of clinical applications. High quality at low cost is not a new concept at Awareness Technology. For over 30 years, our service mark has been Cost-Effective by Design, with no compromises in performance or reliability. Our Vision Awareness Technology, Inc. began in 1982 with a vision to become the first name in small instrumentation design. Today we are proud to be known worldwide as a leader in clinical laboratory instrumentation for small- to medium-sized labs.
Offer cost effective products of high quality and enduring design.
Dazzle customers with such organization and professional service that their referrals become the primary source of new business.
Endorse the practices of continuous improvement, fair play, and profitability for our company and its partners. Cost Effective by Design
Our engineers design with emphasis on cost control. Low transfer prices are achieved by employing our extensive body of existing technology, adaptable hardware and software tools. We always investigate low-cost solutions first. Cost effectiveness goes beyond a low unit price. Durability reduces expensive down time and repair costs. Ease of use saves money in training and in repeated work Convenience features save labor time. We optimize our instrument designs for cost effective operation.
We offer a great affordable benefits package, for eligible employees, which includes BCBS PPO Health, Sun Life PPO Dental, Humana Vision, $25,000 company paid Group Life Insurance, company match 401k, tuition reimbursement, paid time off & paid holidays.
We are a DFW and an EOE. We encourage Veteran's to apply!
Palm City, FL
Thu, 8 Jun 2017 12:13:14 PDT