Senior Software Engineer
Do you have a passion for robotics? Do you want to code the future of one of the largest consumer robots company in the world? You will have a hand in developing the next generation of products that will live in millions of homes all across the world. As a pioneer in the robot industry, our goal is to drive innovation, serve as an industry catalyst and change the world by empowering people to do more.
To support and encourage the development of robot technology, iRobot offers comprehensive resources for third-party developers, providing information and products that facilitate the creation and easy integration of new payloads, behaviors and capabilities on iRobot platforms.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
Our Software Engineering Team is expanding and we're looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer to join our team. We're looking for someone with great interpersonal skills, passion, energy, and the desire to build.
- Work on the next generation of consumer robots, focused on the Robot Application
- Develop robotic software: mission state machines, path planning, and robot behaviors
- Integrate software on multiple robotic platforms
- Design, implement, and document software to run on Linux and embedded platforms
- Work in an Agile environment
- Expertise in writing C/C++ applications for Linux or embedded systems
- Solid understanding of design patterns, data structures and advanced programming techniques
- Experience with real-time and multi-threaded systems
- Experience with finite state machine design and implementation
- Experience with path planning, AI algorithms, navigation algorithms, or robot behavior systems
- Strong analytical skills and a desire to learn as well as teach others
- M.S in Computer Science or other technical or scientific field
*This position offers relocation assistance
We are the leading global consumer robot company, designing and building robots that empower people to do more, both inside and outside of the home. Founded by MIT roboticists who had the vision of making practical robots a reality. To date, we have sold over 15 million robots and employ more than 500 of the robot industry's best and brightest. iRobot is committed to fostering invention, discovery and technological exploration in the pursuit of practical and valuable robot products for the home. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
Our corporate headquarters are located in Bedford, Massachusetts, accessible by our corporate shuttle directly from Alewife Station. The company also has offices in California, the United Kingdom, Japan, China & Hong Kong. Imagine the future you could help us build as a fellow iRoboteer! Check out #LifeAtiRobot and follow us on Instagram: @irobotcareers
We are a "Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled"
iRobot designs and builds robots that make a difference.
iRobot was founded in 1990 by Massachusetts Institute of Technology roboticists with the vision of making practical robots a reality.
In 2015, iRobot generated $617 million in revenue and employed more than 500 of the robot industry's top professionals, including mechanical, electrical and software engineers and related support staff. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
iRobot's corporate headquarters are located in Bedford, Mass. The company also has offices in California, the United Kingdom, China and Hong Kong.
Fri, 9 Jun 2017 14:06:44 PDT