Development Officer - Major Gifts and Planned Giving Director
Kingsborough Community College of the City University of New York invites applications for the full-time position of Major Gifts and Planned Giving Director (Development Officer). The Major Gifts and Planned Giving Director will develop and implement a strategically aggressive fundraising program for the College with principal emphasis on major gifts.
Kingsborough Community College seeks a fundraiser with direct solicitation experience to work with potential major gift donors. The Major Gifts and Planned Giving Director will create his/her own portfolio of potential donors. This position reports directly to the Vice President for College Advancement.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies to cultivate and solicit major gifts and assess outcomes
- Manage a portfolio of identified and rated gift prospects
- Work directly with Foundation Board members, faculty, and others who will participate in major gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Fulfill specific goals and targets based on individual portfolio
- Oversee annual and/or major gift campaign and activities to support strategic plan
- Maintain relationships with donors and sponsoring organizations to cultivate and maintain funding
- Prepare financial reports for management; may write grant proposals
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- Frequent travel within New York City and attendance at evening and weekend events required
Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience required.
Minimum of eight years (8) of successful experience in fundraising or comparable transferable experience; experience in major gift fundraising, preferably in higher education and a record of success in soliciting and closing major gifts. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate, effectively, both orally and in writing, as well as the ability to make evaluative judgments. He/she must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time; must be deadline, detail and budget oriented, highly motivated, and demonstrate steadfast initiative. Demonstrated ability to work strategically, organizing and advancing projects collaboratively with a broad range of people and departments. Demonstrated ability to solve problems and address challenges creatively and proactively. He/she must be adept at working with various communication platforms and media, including publications, web, and new social media; possess the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a creative team. The ideal applicant is creative, flexible, thoughtful, energetic, articulate, collaborative and welcomes a challenge. Experience with Raiser's Edge and related software applications a must. Fundraising Certification preferred.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Develops and implements strategies to secure major gifts to a College or Unit.
- Creates and implements thoughtful strategies to attract gifts from donors and prospects; works with management to establish, and meet, goals and targets
- Builds relationships, seeking new donors through prospecting using a variety of sources, and maintaining ongoing relationships with existing donors, collaborating with College and University management
- Ensures reporting requirements are completed in timely and accurate manner; utilizes automated systems for tracking and reporting
- Adheres to established protocols such as the University's gift acceptance policy
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID 16909 or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
July 9, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Kingsborough Community College
Job Title: Development Officer - Major Gifts and Planned Giving Director
Job ID: 16909
Full/Part Time: Full-Time