Business Data and Reporting Analyst, Levels 1 and 2 (Provisional) - Human Resources (4 positions)
Under supervision, provides and/or oversees expert end-user support by proficiently and accurately inputting, auditing, and reporting on information in CUNYfirst (i.e., PeopleSoft). CUNYfirst is the City University of New York's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Oracle/PeopleSoft system used to capture and maintain the University's student administration, human resources and finance functions.
This position differs from an Information Technology position in that an incumbent in an Information Technology position provides hardware support, software programming and networking, systems planning, and/or technological troubleshooting while a Business Data and Reporting Analyst is a highly skilled end-user of CUNYfirst. There are 4 levels of this title. Related duties may be assigned as needed.
Levels 1 and 2 are non-exempt from FLSA.
Levels 3 and 4 are exempt from FLSA.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
Business Data and Reporting Analyst
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources at Bronx Community College, the Business Data and Reporting Analyst will maintain an understanding of College and CUNY policy and procedures.
The Business Data and Reporting Analyst will perform the following duties:
- Confirm and verify employment using PMS, CUNYfirst and CHRMS systems.
- Assist Benefits Coordinator with employee eligibility of benefits by accessing PMS, PACES and CUNYfirst.
- Research faculty and staff employment histories and create reports to various pension systems.
- Audit pension reports.
- Respond to faculty and staff inquiries.
- Assist with CUNYfirst Bio Data.
- Process new appointment, updates and job appointments in the PMS (Payroll Management System) for all adjuncts, full-time faculty, HEOs ECPs titles.
- Maintain and monitor data entry in CUNYfirst.
- Assist in reviewing adjunct appointments for completeness and accuracy, and forward reappointments to Payroll.
- Work with College departments and Payroll to resolve errors and inconsistencies.
- Assist with maintaining and monitoring recordkeeping for PSC titles in CUNYfirst and PMS.
- Process new hire packets and confirm qualifications.
- Work with IT to resolve CUNYfirst issues.
- Audit reports and correct data.
- Resolves transaction discrepancies.
- Prioritize work to meet various deadlines.
- Possession of a High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated English language proficiency, including the ability to speak, read, write, and understand English well enough to meet minimally acceptable performance standards set for the job tasks.
- One (1) year of related full-time experience utilizing PeopleSoft computer software technology. CUNY considers full-time experience to be 35 hours per week. Experience that is less than full-time and more than 20 hours per week can be prorated at 50% (e.g., two month's related work experience at 20-35 hours per week equate to one month's full-time related work experience.)
This title has four levels. To qualify for Levels 2 - 4, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
New Hire: $35,964*
New Hire: $45,464*
*This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select "Employment", then select "Search Job Postings" and find JOB ID #16918. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation. Please note: To be considered for an interview your resume must show that you meet the minimum requirements. If you have applied to JOB ID# 15558, you must re-apply to the above JOB ID# to be considered.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
July 7, 2017; review of resumes to begin June 22.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/Technical
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Bronx Community College
Job Title: Business Data and Reporting Analyst, Levels 1 and 2 (Provisional) - Human Resources (4 positions)
Job ID: 16918
Full/Part Time: Full-Time