Analyst, Business Systems
General Statement of Job
To serve as the subject matter expert on a system specific to a department or unit, and ensure end users are utilizing the system and executing technology applications effectively and efficiently.
Location Service Center Hours 40 hours/week as assigned; Generally Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm Salary Professional 3/122 ($46,383.00 - $66,261.00) FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Director, Business Processes and Initiatives Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Business acumen to effectively identify and organize system solutions.
- Data integration, configuration, and customization capabilities.
- Application software components, systems, and functions.
- Project management, program design, and implementation.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Utilizing strong analytical, planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Developing and delivering training content.
- Utilizing effective technical writing skills.
- Developing workflow scenarios and test cases.
- Interacting with diverse stakeholders using effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Eliciting and documenting user requirements.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Advanced proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in systems and data analysis, data extraction, development of reports, and troubleshooting enterprise software applications.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Related work experience in higher education.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, information systems, or related field.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to sit for long period of time.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.