Administrative Specialist SBDC
University of Delaware
Job Title Administrative Specialist SBDC
Job ID 104696
Location Newark, DE
PAY GRADE: 29E
DEADLINE: June 23, 2017
CONTEXT OF JOB:
Partnerships (OEIP) is to (1) develop social and economic value from UD's knowledge-based assets by advancing UD's intellectual property, inventions and technologies from the laboratory to the market place through partnerships and collaborations, (2) promote innovation and entrepreneurship within and without the University community, and (3) provide leadership in the creation and growth of small businesses in Delaware.
The Delaware Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is a unit of OEIP. Its mission is to strengthen Delaware's economic base by providing quality management assistance, education programs and resources to Delaware's business community.
Under the general direction of the Assistant Director, the Administrative Specialist administers operational and programmatic functions of the Delaware Small Business Development Center. These include a full range of project and program management duties, including: coordination and management of client engagement, management of complex data collection systems, coordination of the program and data management component of sponsored program (Federal, State & Private) reporting processes, coordination of communications and web content for programs and projects for the organization. A high level of independent judgment and decision-making is required.
- Lead the process to prepare high quality, effective, written program reports through management of data collection, organization, analysis, and interpretation.
- Work closely with Associate State Director to utilize program data to develop program narrative and proposal content, as required by sponsored program agencies.
- Analyze and understand the relationship among data/facts to use to solve problems, identify connections between issues, and recommend courses of action.
- Manage program-reporting processes to ensure timely submission to funding agencies. Prepare annual calendar of due dates, responsibilities, and reminders for required reports and proposals.
- Provide oversight and management of SBDC systems, specifically to include Center IC/EDMIS and subscription databases:
- Develop, manage, and continually improve processes for entering/tracking client data, client verification, counseling, training, research and Business Analyst/SBDC Scorecard.
- Utilize system(s) to submit sponsored program report data.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, serve as point of contact with vendor to resolve problems and implement improvements.
- Proactively manage data, check for errors, and monitor quality of input.
- Manage and administer subscriptions and passwords.
- Train staff and advisors.
- Manage large-scale communications, marketing and public relations projects, events and training, client surveys.
- Develop and edit marketing pieces, success stories, and other materials to be distributed to legislators, stakeholders and other senior level officials, i.e. annual report.
- Manage existing website, including participation in the development of website content and perform routine social media and website updates, including event/training registrations.
- Coordinate and manage client engagement:
- Triage incoming requests for services by assessing need and status of the company.
- Finalize new client registration and Business Analyst assignment.
- Refer, if appropriate, to external resource partner.
- Utilize software system to manage SBDC surveys.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field, and three years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to compile, analyze, interpret and present complex program data and make independent decisions and judgments in recommending courses of action.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively and interact with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Customer service skills.
- Ability to use advanced techniques in Microsoft Office applications, word processing, spreadsheet, database, website content management systems, and presentation software.
- Proficient skills related to electronic communications, including but not limited to: website design (WordPress), e-newsletters (Constant Contact), email campaigns, blogs, social media, and online surveys.
- Experience in marketing methods and communications, preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles, processes, and standards for integrated program data analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of federal and state sponsored program regulations.
- Ability to clearly analyze processes and present data.
- Effective communications skills both oral and written. Provide writing sample with application.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently, and make decisions regarding each task.
Knowledge of University policies and procedures, preferred.
To apply: submit cover letter, resume, three references and a writing sample as one document.