Duties: Focused on WSII's commitment to 'growing the talent pipeline,' the Program Manager will be responsible for managing existing programs and developing new activities for both students and alumni. Please see the WSII website for additional information about these activities.
The responsibilities of the Program Manager will include:
Student engagement and outreach:
- Keeping a pulse on student social impact activity across Penn/Wharton
- Developing effective communication channels with students
- Building a sense of community among students engaged with WSII
- Serving as a communication conduit between students and WSII with regards to what programming, activities, etc. best meets student demand/needs
- Collecting feedback from students on their engagement/experience with WSII and helping to shape programming appropriately
Student Program Management
- Scheduling guests for WSII events and programs, where appropriate
- Working with WSII staff or external guests to design suitable content
- Structuring programs
- Promoting event, inviting students and managing attendance
- Facilitating events, capturing best practices from event
- Collecting feedback on student and guest experience
- Capturing/reporting on the event (photos/ social media/ a blog on the WSII website/etc.).
Student Group Management
- Representing WSII with student clubs, including attending their meetings, providing feedback to WSII leadership, proposing opportunities for engagement with clubs, etc.
- With the WSII Senior Director, managing the Turner Social Impact Society, including student recruitment, application management, programming, event planning, etc.
As WSII is growing, all staff members are expected to assume other duties as assigned. This includes, but is not limited to, supporting the Social Impact Conference, supporting in cross-university programming like the Presidents Engagement Prize, and more.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of prior work experience. Strong project management and communications skills required. Experience managing events and/or working with university students highly preferred. Experience working in social impact space highly preferred. Must be able to work independently and work collaboratively in a service-oriented manner. Attention to detail and comfort with working in an open-office environment are essential.
Reference Number: 07-26076
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Institute for Social Impact
Job Family: A-General/Professional Administrative