Associate Director - MacDill AFB
Support the University's mission and core values as a contributing member of the University's community.
This role is primarily to assist the Center Director as needed with the progression of the MacDill Center.
This includes the following: training for staff and faculty, support for the operations processes, hiring and termination decisions as well as adjunct class scheduling.
Duties and Tasks:
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them form the position if the work is similar or related or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Provide leadership and coordination of the academic and administrative activities of the MacDill center
- Assist in supervising and coordinating all personnel and administrative functions for optimal productivity
- Assist in implementing all academic, fiscal, and human resources policies
- Oversee the creation of term schedules including assignment of instructors and classrooms
- Planning of studies and projects that support the Center's goals and objectives
- Provide academic advice that will assist prospective and current students achieve their academic goals
- Recruiting of new qualified faculty as needed
- Maintain accurate and timely record management
- Other duties as assigned by the Center Director
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated academic administration experience
- Ability to effectively plan and organize work
- Excellent computer skills
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and education that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Job ID 2017-1474
Job Locations US-FL-MacDill AFB