Saint Leo University is seeking a Systems Engineer with hands-on experience in Windows and Linux based Systems, backup and storage administration, and administering and building Windows/Linux based virtualized high-end servers in cloud environments.
Supports the Disaster Recovery plan for all critical data and servers, performs backups and restorations of server OS, manages applications and data, tests and documents, performs backup and recovery procedures leveraging AWS (Amazon Web Services), and maintains Test, Development, and Production Environments in the Cloud.
• Design, build and maintain infrastructure on AWS environment.
• Migrate existing services from physical data centers to AWS cloud.
• Write scripts to automate operations and server management.
• Maintain QA and Production configuration using automation tools.
• Build and maintain operations tools for monitoring, notifications, trending, and analysis.
• Define, create, test, and execute operations procedures.
• Troubleshoot production issues.
• Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
• Manage and monitor AWS infrastructure, Linux, and Windows components.
• Design and implement scalability plan for all services including using shared file systems on the cloud.
• Re-evaluation of existing stack and determine options to re-base on a new technology.
Any other duties as assigned by management
• Experience with most if not all of the following components of AWS: VPC, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, Redshift, DirectConnect, RDS, SNS, SQS, Lambda.
• Experience with automation/configuration management using various tools.
• Experience with monitoring tools.
• Strong background in Windows and Linux (RHEL, CentOS, etc.)
• Scripting experience with either Powershell, Ruby, Python or Bash.
• Proficient in creating technical documentation & diagrams using Visio or similar.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent years of experience.
• AWS Certification preferred.
Job ID 2017-1244
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo