Campus Safety Officer
Provide safety and security for the University Campus including students, faculty, staff, visitors and facilities.
Duties and Tasks:
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them form the position if the work is similar or related or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Perform patrol functions on foot, patrol vehicle, golf cart and bicycle.
- Respond to emergency calls and render appropriate service.
- Investigate and document violations and alleged violations of University policy and Florida Statutes.
- Perform traffic enforcement duties including investigating traffic crashes, issuing traffic/parking citations and providing traffic control.
- Perform other relative duties as directed by the Sergeant.
- Provide student, staff and faculty escort services after dark. Participate in crime prevention programs throughout the University community.
- Investigate reported complaints from students, faculty or staff.
- Unlock campus buildings and facilities daily and on weekends.
- Complete building checks throughout shift, ensuring overall safety and security of University community.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Current and valid Florida driver's license.
- Strong communication skills.
- Computer proficiency.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma
- Class D Florida State Security Certification, or:
- Previous law enforcement, emergency services, security, or military experience.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to rapidly ascend five flights of stairs.
- Exposure to extremes in weather conditions.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Job ID 2017-1484
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo