Academic designer/web developer
Under the general direction of the Assistant Vice President of Learning Design, the Academic Designer/ Web Developer will help create compelling, web based education experiences, help integrate various software and cloud based systems, and design user experiences at both micro and macro levels inside the eLearning ecosystem. The Academic Designer/Web Developer will create effective experiences inside of "Lions SHARE" - the Saint Leo University learning platform, providing design consulting, UI/UX help, and connected experiences for all user levels. The Academic Designer/Web Developer will be responsible for developing system-wide content for delivery in the learning platform, and the work will span Saint Leo's entire modality offerings; face to face, hybrid, fully online learning, etc.
In addition to resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICANT PACKET section of the application:
- Cover Letter
- Values Statement
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Learning (instructional) design, course design, and web design to create compelling on-line experiences that support and enhance learning throughout the organization and in alignment with the pedagogical mission and core values of the university.
- Assist in maintaining existing course content, and work with large user groups to assure their success in the use of the learning platform.
- Responsible for web portal design and content management for both the public web and internal, academic systems.
- Help create hyper-immersive courses leveraging gaming, simulation, and other platforms.
- Maintain a load of development, design, and redesign projects across various contexts (learning, public facing, etc).
- Work closely with other team members to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, and a healthy team culture.
- Provide recommendations regarding web applications, software, and potentially even hardware.
- Familiarity with visualizations of data and strategies for best ways by which to see and send analytic information on the web.
- Help foster a positive culture within Learning Design of collaboration, collegiality, innovation, and product excellence.
- Work in partnership with departments and programs to support web strategies and initiatives.
- Potentially participate on strategic initiatives related to, but not limited to, content, learning innovation, teaching strategies, and assessment effective practices.
- Represent Saint Leo University Learning Design at meetings and conferences and encourage other team members to do the same.
- Adept with appropriate development tools.
- Excellent social, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated alignment to Saint Leo University's core values of excellence, respect, integrity, stewardship, community and personal development.
- Online course and web design, experience with enterprise level learning management systems, experience with end to end course and web design, and strong skills working with business leaders in all areas to translate learning goals and objectives into compelling on-line instruction.
- Skills in web portal design, use of widgets, social media experience, creation, and maintenance, including rich content and interactive features.
- Proven ability to organize and lead by example.
- Pro-active approach to problem solving, constraints, and issues.
- Successful track record of planning and executing successful projects.
- Knowledge of and experience in using course management systems, multimedia tools and authoring software.
- Knowledge and understanding of trends in higher education, such as distance learning, adaptive learning, competency-based education, use of open education resources (OER), etc.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and the ability to encourage the same from team members.
- Knowledge of adult web design and adult learning principles and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Formal education in eLearning development and design is preferred.
- Experience building and/or maintaining websites, including integrations to and from other sites.
- Experience in creating courses for student audiences.
- Experience in creating eLearning courses across multiple modalities.
- Experience interacting with an LMS.
Job ID 2017-1243
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo