Financial Aid Advisor
The Financial Aid Advisor is responsible for advising and assisting students and families with financing education by explaining appropriate funding options. The Advisor also awards financial aid ensuring full compliance with federal, state and university regulations.
***In addition to uploading resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICATION PACKET section of the application.***
- Cover Letter
- Values Statement (see below)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
Please include a values statement (500 words or less) which highlights how your administrative philosophy and practices fit the Missions and Values of Saint Leo University. The University Ideal 2017, Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website.
- Perform all individual financial aid packaging functions in the Datatel Financial Aid Module as needed.
- Advise students and families on financial options available including federal and state aid.
- Provide prospective and current students with the accurate information on the financial aid application process.
- Provide exemplary customer service and remain student focused at all times.
- Answer phone calls and emails promptly and courteously. Answer voicemail the same day the message is received.
- Support recruitment and retention efforts by collaborating across departments.
- Ensure accurate awarding of all institutional based funding including athletic aid, merit awards, need based awards, endowed scholarships and outside scholarships.
- Maintain the Federal Work Study program.
- Participates in special events and in evening and weekend work as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Require demonstrated experience in the field of financial aid.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication and writing composition skills.
- Strong knowledge of aid regulations.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and ability to work collegially and collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Preferably in a related field.
- Minimum five years work experience, preferably a minimum of two years financial aid experience.
Job ID 2017-1364
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo