The painter will be responsible for painting the interior and exterior of all St. Leo buildings. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, however, management may assign other responsibilities as needed to support the needs of the university.
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures, etc. in preparation for painting jobs and projects.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping,sanding, priming and removing old paint.
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, lamps, and electric switch covers prior to painting.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster).
- Tape off appropriate areas as needed
- Works on ladders as needed to reach high ceilings and walls.
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture.
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools.
- Apply varnish and other finishes as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to climb ladders, scaffoldings, stairs, and the like, using feet, hands, legs, and arms. Stoop, bend, kneel, move about on hands and knees. Reaching, standing for prolonged periods of time, pushing, pulling and lifting (25 lbs minimum).
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
- 2-5 years' of painting experience
- Proven knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
- Proven knowledge and use of various painting tools such as brushes, caulking guns, sprayers, and rolling brushes
- High school diploma
Job ID 2017-1449
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo