The Sous Chef candidates will be responsible for overseeing daily meal services and coordinate meal service with line cooks for 3 daily meals and additional caterings. They will also supervise staff including cooks, servers, and utility personnel; duties include assigning reviewing, & evaluating work.
- Supervise as well as perform skilled cooking and food preparation.
- Responsible for overall kitchen supervision in absence of Executive Chef.
- Participates in preparation of wide variety of menu entrees.
- Operates all food service equipment.
- Assists in evaluating new recipes and products.
- Aides Executive Chef in daily duties & caterings as they are booked.
- Participates in taking, observing, and recording food temps, and equipment temps in accordance with HACCP polies and principles, & complete monthly audits.
- Reviews all food products prior to service to ensure highest level of quality.
- Performs other tasks/duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Equivalent Supervisory Experience of 5-8 years in high-volume dining establishment with the majority of experience in BOH operations with hands on cooking experience
- The Sous Chef candiate should also be able to communicate effectively with co-workers and managers and have the ability to comprehend, carry out and explain complex verbal and written instructions.
Job ID 2017-1462
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo