The learning designer works collaboratively with faculty and learning development specialists to design and develop teaching and learning environments that engage learners utilizing appropriate learning theories, strategies and appropriate technologies. Candidates should demonstrate Strong organizational skills, Excellent social, interpersonal, and communication skills. Candidates should exhibit a positive attitude and the ability to encourage the same from team members. As well as align with Saint Leo University's core values of excellence, respect, integrity, stewardship, community and personal development.
Provide consulting and design services to faculty in the development of transformative eLearning content for online and blended learning environments including the design and development of online courses using an innovative pedagogical model.
- Educate and assist faculty in development of quality content including such activities as mapping content to curriculum requirements, analyzing audience-learning preferences, reviewing methods for design of instructional materials, etc.
- Help foster a positive culture within Learning Design of collaboration, collegiality, innovation, and product excellence.
- Work in partnership with departments and programs to support course and program goals through design as well as pilot projects.
- Potentially participate on strategic initiatives related to, but not limited to, content, learning innovation, teaching strategies, and assessment effective practices.
- Represent Saint Leo University Learning Design at meetings and conferences.
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role-plays, games etc).
- Plan and execute media rich course design.
- Successful track-record of planning and executing media rich course design.
- Understanding of trends in higher education, such as distance learning, adaptive learning, competency-based education, use of open education resources (OER), etc.
- Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models.
- Understanding of ADA compliance.
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent social, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Pro-active approach to problem solving, constraints, and issues.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Positive attitude and the ability to encourage the same from team members.
- Demonstrated alignment to Saint Leo University's core values of excellence, respect, integrity, stewardship, community and personal development.
- Write effective copy, instructional text and A/V scripts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree (preferably in instructional design) from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems.
- Experience with course development software (i.e. Articualte Storyline, Lectora).
- Previous work experience in Instructional Design.
- Basic HTML5 and CSS skills and knowledge preferred.
Job ID 2017-1122
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo