Technical Support Specialist/Facilities Operations
The Technical Support Specialist will prove the first line of technical assistance at the Savannah Center. The Technical Support Specialist requires a strong knowledge of incident management software and process related to intake, escalation, documentation, and closure of incidents. The Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for the monitoring of Video Teaching and Teleconferencing (VTT) systems.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analyzing, troubleshooting and programming computers and systems for University users, providing network, PC, printer, and related technologies support. The Technical Support Specialist will also monitor center activities during evening and weekend center hours.
***In addition to uploading resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICATION PACKET section of the application.***
- Cover Letter
- Values Statement (see below)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
Please include a values statement (500 words or less) which highlights how your administrative philosophy and practices fit the Missions and Values of Saint Leo University. The University Ideal 2017, Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website.
• Support Savannah Center students, staff, and faculty accessing university online classrooms, email, and university portal.
• Provide first level assistance to center faculty, staff, and students for Windows and Mac OS environments.
• Installs and maintains PC and printer hardware and software, performs routine maintenance and applies vendor updates to software.
• Responsible for receiving and creating Help Desk incidents.
• Configure and test VTT components for optimal operation.
• Conduct and/or coordinate necessary repairs to technical equipment, including VTT equipment such as installation of updates, patches, and bug fixes.
• Install and ensure technical and physical security mechanisms are adequate and operational.
• Develop and update technical documentation as necessary.
• Coordinate additional services with equipment manufacturers and third-party service providers.
• Submit periodical reports on VTT system utilization, repairs and other related operational issues.
• Monitor center activities and manage facilities for evening and weekend class sessions.
• Associate's degree from a regionally accredited college or university; Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Support certification or two (2) or more years of progressively responsible experience and/or any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• CompTIA A+ Certification preferred.
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Client/server enterprise infrastructures.
• Personal computer software applications, e.g. Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, etc.
• Networking, LANs, WANs, routers, gateways. Networking architecture: TCP/IP, Internet.
• General distributed hardware: printers, scanners and PC based peripherals.
• Working knowledge of Active Directory.
• This is an evening and weekend position.
Job ID 2016-1067
Job Locations US-GA-Savannah