Research Specialist I
Requisition # 2017-7638
Category Research and Laboratory
Date Posted 6/9/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
This position will serve as both the manager of the mineral collection of the Department of Geosciences and as the manager of the High Pressure Laboratory.
Mineral Collections responsibilities include:
- Completion of the inventory of the collection
- Maintaining the database of the mineral collection, including assisting the IT staff with the relaunch of the mineral collection database
- Improving the functionality of the teaching mineral collection
- Processing donations and/or loans of specimens from the mineral collections to outside institutions, as directed by the faculty director of the collection
High Pressure Lab responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of supplies and equipment in a static/dynamic high-pressure laboratory including diamond anvil cells, cell preparation equipment, and spectroscopic instrumentation
- Carrying out basic characterization of samples using diffraction, spectroscopy, and micro-beam techniques; and training users in procedures and equipment usage
Bachelor's Degree in Geosciences or a closely-related field.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Comments Related to End Date
This is a one-year term position, subject for renewal based on funding and satisfactory performance.
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.