Administrative Assistant II
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Medical Education
Administrative Assistant II
Position #734512 - Requisition 09858
The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Medical Education has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Administrative Assistant II position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Medical Education, is seeking a motivated and creative Administrative Assistant II to become a member of our team. The Office of Medical Education develops, oversees and coordinates Undergraduate, Graduate, Fellowship and Continuing Medical Education in Pediatrics, and conducts research in the field of Medical Education in areas such as assessment, professionalism, curriculum development, and communication. This new, full-time University Staff (non-classified) position is responsible for supporting and coordinating several aspects of Medical Education, including faculty administrative support, research activities, curriculum and learning management software, activities of students, residents, fellows and faculty, and assisting with department-sponsored special events. Due to this breadth of responsibilities, it is critical for the ideal candidate to excel when working on several projects and tasks concurrently, as well as be comfortable taking direction from and collaborating with different team members.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Provide administrative support to the Vice Chair for Medical Education, the Director of Medical Education Research & Development, and various medical education faculty (approx. 9 total).
- Provide necessary administrative support for other team members, including meeting coordination, recording and distribution of meeting minutes, and related file upkeep and management.
- Assist with coordination of travel, procurement and reimbursement processes.
- Support the section's alumni relations efforts.
- Support section-sponsored events, including educational meetings, conferences and retreats (for example, develop agendas and printed materials, coordinate speaker travel, arrange venues and A/V services, manage guest lists, order catering, etc.).
- Maintain distribution lists and provide communication for department activities and announcements.
- Support learner scheduling, assessment and evaluation processes, and information technologies related to these initiatives.
- Use, teach others how to use, and troubleshoot a variety of hardware (ex. tablets or video cameras), software and online applications that support medical education (examples: Canvas, Brightspace, MedHub, Amion, New Innovations, Student Scheduler App, CUSOM Logger, SharePoint, Qualtrics).
- Support, collaborate on and receive direction about several projects with different project leads.
- Support the development, implementation and management of innovative and evolving special curricula.
- Support faculty by working on projects and special curricula.
- Assist in the creation of informational, marketing and scholarly program materials.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position will begin at $34,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Two (2) years of general clerical experience, which includes one (1) year of experience supporting a manager/director level position.
Substitution: College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a 10 panel drug test.
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal background and sex offender registry check.
- Associate's or higher earned degree in an education related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience working in a university or healthcare environment.
- Prior experience planning meetings, conferences, and seminars.
- Experience working with medical education management and/or learning management software (ex. BrightSpace, Canvas, MedHub, Amion, New Innovations, Qualtrics, Student Scheduler App, CUSOM Logger).
- Experience working with qualitative and quantitative research methods and software.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to produce accurate work products in a timely manner, utilizing strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proactive, with strong interpersonal communication skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) 4. Additional Attachments Questions should be directed to Patricia Schmitter at Patricia.Schmitter@childrenscolorado.org.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to the first 30 applicants. Those who do apply after 30 applications are received may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20269 - SOM-PEDS General Operations
Posting Date: Jun 9, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Patricia Schmitter
Posting Contact Email: Patricia.Schmitter@childrenscolorado.org
Position Number: 00734512