Senior Reporting Analyst
Senior Reporting Analyst
Senior Reporting Analyst
System Treasurer - 927000
Is this an internal posting only?
M-F 8am-5pm, or as required (some evenings/weekends at peak times)
The System Financial Reporting function within the System Treasury department provides consolidated reporting operations for all University of North Texas System component institutions. The areas of responsibility include centralized external and internal financial reporting and external compliance related reporting. The University of North Texas System is comprised of three component institutions with four major locations: University of North Texas located in Denton, TX, University of North Texas Health Science Center located in Fort Worth, TX, University of North Texas at Dallas located in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas, TX, and University of North Texas System located in Downtown Dallas, TX.
This position is located at our Business Service Center at Woodhill Square, just south of our flagship campus in Denton.
The Treasury and Reporting Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Senior Reporting Analyst to join our team.
Serves as a lead reporting analyst and performs highly complex (senior-level) accounting work. Work involves preparing and/or overseeing the preparation of financial analyses and reports; establishing, maintaining, and/or overseeing accounting systems, procedures, and controls. May supervise the work of others. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Oversee and/or prepare monthly and annual operating statements, financial statements, and reports.
* Develop and implement internal financial policies and procedures.
* Coordinate data compilation and submission of electronic financial statement data for UNT, UNT Health Science Center, UNT Dallas, UNT System Administration and UNT System Consolidated to the Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS).
* Prepare or review other state or federal financial reports, such as Source and Uses report to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and IPEDS report to the Department of Education.
* Assist external auditors and audit team with the documentation, PBCs, or other information needed for the completion of externally audited financial statements.
* Perform data validations and recommend improvements, adaptations, or revisions to the accounting system and accompanying procedures.
* Develop, coordinate, or produce complex reports for monitoring and reporting financial information.
* Analyze cumulative period reports and status of fund reports on state and local funds, and conduct the continuous reviews and analyses necessary in controlling the expenditure of funds and in developing stable expenditure patterns.
* Monitor the accounting transactions for the state appropriations provided to UNT System and component institutions to ensure adequate and appropriate accounting and processing controls are in place.
* Review administrative processes for state appropriation transactions to ensure compliance with the provisions of the General Appropriation Act and relevant state statutes and regulations.
* Complete one-time and ongoing data assessments to meet compliance standards and assess management controls.
* Perform advanced data analytics that enable early detection of weaknesses, compliance failure, or fraud exposure.
* May oversee and review expenditures to ensure that state appropriations are not exceeded.
* May oversee the development and use of management control procedures to determine compliance with agency policies, plans, and procedures, and state and federal statutes.
* Perform related work as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or a related field and five years of accounting experience; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Knowledge of financial administration and fiscal accounting; of governmental accounting; of budget control methods, policies, and procedures; and of laws and regulations pertaining to fiscal operations.
* Thorough knowledge of accepted accounting practices, legal statutes, and policy and procedure affecting financial record keeping.
* Ability to direct accounting programs, to budget funds, to set up accounting systems, to interpret laws and regulations, to apply accounting theory, and to supervise the work of others.
* Skill in the use of office equipment, computers, and associated software applications.
* Effective communications skills both orally and in writing.
* Critical thinking skills.
* Ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple assignments.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to analyze, consolidate, and present accounting data in clear concise form.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Current Texas CPA license or ability to gain via reciprocity.
* Experience in Texas public higher education and State reporting requirements.
* Experience with PeopleSoft.
* Experience with the Texas Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS).
* Experience with Business Intelligence tools/report-writing software.
* Exceptional Microsoft skills to include Excel and Access.
Special Instructions to Applicants
The University of North Texas System seeks an experienced, dynamic, team player with the passion to fulfill the mission of the System and component institutions. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting:
* A cover letter outlining your interest, experience, and qualifications
* A comprehensive resume
* Complete contact information for three references
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting