IT Project Manager
Updated: June 28th
New priority hiring date is open until filled, because the minimum qualifications have been updated
Who We Are:
The Information Technology Department operates in a support role for every department and school on the University of Colorado Colorado Springs Campus. Offering services from Help Desk to classroom AV support, web development to IT security and compliance.
The Information Technology Department is seeking an IT Project Manager. This position will be responsible for managing information technology projects and change management within the Information Technology (IT) area of responsibility and with a focus on University of Colorado system-wide efforts. Working closely with the IT Project Portfolio Administrator, the IT Project Manager is responsible for contributing to the success of the campus through the execution and continual improvement of project and change management practices.
• Work with managers and staff to meet user needs in a responsive, efficient manner
o Act as project manager on assigned projects, providing a single point of contact to project team and stakeholders.
o Participate on related campus committees and support groups as required to facilitate project and change management success.
o Demonstrated ability to effectively manage project issues and risks is required.
- Facilitate and implement change management initiatives regarding CUs transition activities
- Facilitate the design and implementation of new business processes in support of effective change efforts.
- Champion proactive change management as an integral part of all projects.
- Effectively communicate project information with both the project team and the project stakeholders.
- Provide consultation or support services for other projects to promote the use of project and change management best practices throughout the University.
- Provide service development, technical, and project management interface to leadership
o Develop and maintain policies, principles and definitions of project management
o Effectively execute interactions between all project management process groups and intersecting knowledge areas.
- Direct the change process, develop communication plans and implement with managers
o Manage vendor tasks and review vendor deliverables.
- Work with internal staff to clarify differences and conflicts
- Demonstrated ability to professionally and ethically address team conflict that may occur on a project is required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with a broad range of stakeholders and project team members is required.
- Design, assess, and implementation leadership projects, policies, and or procedures
o Oversee the collection of detailed requirements and analysis of business needs.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously
• Ability to meet project deadlines
• Knowledge of and ability to use strategies, practices and tools for administering projects
• Knowledge of project planning and development. Plan, organize, and monitor projects
• Approaches and techniques for dealing with change and adapting to a changing environment
• Monitor the vital signs of an IT project while managing its progress and delivery schedule
• Plan, organize, monitor and control IT projects to better achieve project objectives
• Tools and techniques for planning, estimating, resourcing, and scheduling IT projects
• Knowledge of strategies and technologies that allow business to be conducted via the web
• Practices that describe results in measurable ways to assist in making business decisions
• Use of office support, desktop tools (Word, e-mail, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Manage various objectives, projects, and groups to make judgment on prioritizing and time
• Generate productive relationships with internal and external partners
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
For the purposes of FLSA this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA..
Salary Range: $70,000-75,000
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living, and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.
•A A minimum of 3-5 years demonstrated experience explicitly acting as a project manager on information technology projects.
- Performed project and/or change management duties on at least one project in one of the following areas is preferred: ERP, CRM, CMS, or LMS in higher education.
- Professional certification in project management from an established authority such as the Project Management Institute (PMI) is preferred Ex. Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) through the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Professional certification in change management such as ProSci or Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP)
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Position is open until filled. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
• Travel for in-person interviews will be reimbursed. If you are offered the job and do not accept, no reimbursement will be allowed. • The successful candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States upon hire. • The University of Colorado Colorado Springs will not sponsor work visas or permanent resident applications for this position. • Telephone interviews tentatively scheduled for mid July • On campus interviews tentatively scheduled for the end of July
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40087 - Computing Services
Posting Date: Apr 11, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Greg Williams
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00732529