Instruction Librarian - Part-Time (50%)
The Kraemer Family Library at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs invites applications for a half-time Instruction Librarian position. This position will help support and develop the library instruction program at UCCS through the application of information literacy standards, instructional technologies, pedagogies, and assessment.
Reports to: Director of Instructional and Research Services
- Assist with providing face-to-face instruction for the UCCS Writing Program and Gateway Program Seminar.
- Assist in the development of online learning materials, i.e. Libguides, videos, tutorials.
- Coordinate library workshops.
- Play an active role in developing and teaching library workshops.
- Provide reference service 6-10 hours weekly including nights and weekends.
- Participate in the development of policies, procedures, and goals for instructional and research services.
- Serve on committees, submit reports, and undertake special projects as specified by the Faculty Director of Instructional and Research Services or the Library Dean.
- Serve on library, campus, and university committees.
Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package. Information on benefits programs can be found at: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
- Master's degree from an ALA-accredited library school.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently in a constantly changing environment.
- Experience/coursework in library instruction and reference services.
- Experience with emerging technologies in the library environment.
- Experience in an academic library.
- Experience with graphic and video design software, and other multimedia tools.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong customer service attitude.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn and apply emerging trends and technologies in library instruction and reference service.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Appointment and Salary: The successful candidate for this position will be appointed as a half-time (12 month) non-tenure track faculty member. Beginning salary will be $22,360/year.
In order for an application to be considered, applicants must label each required attachment with the relevant title, attach the required documents for this position announcement to the submission and check the Job Specific Attachments box next to each document in the submission.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin on June 29, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Preference will be given to applications received by June 28, 2017. Application must be made online at www.cu.edu/cu-careers (job number 09854) and must include a letter of application addressing in detail the specified qualifications for the position, a full resume/vitae, and names with postal addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers for five references, including two current or recent supervisors. The position will be available July 1, 2017. Questions may be directed to Sue Byerley, Chair of the Search Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the U.S. at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40090 - Library
Posting Date: Jun 9, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jayne Lloyd
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00734487