PURCHASING SERVICES MANAGER
JOB NO.: 91104-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: DOIT/FINANCIAL SVCS/PURCHASING
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91104-AS
Working Title: Purchasing Services Manager
Official Title: FINANCIAL PROG MANAGER III(P52NL)
Hiring Department: A061070-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/FINANCIAL SVCS/PURCHASING
Anticipated Begin Date: AUGUST 06, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $70,000 Maximum $90,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
BA or BS Degree Preferred
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Supervisory experience in procurement or related field.
* Demonstrated leadership skills. Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others to deliver positive organizational results.
* Experience in hiring and managing staff and/or building team(s) that deliver expected outcomes.
* Effective analytical skills. Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
* Demonstrated problem-solving skills. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of and/or experience with higher education procurement
* Experience developing and monitoring budgets.
* Demonstrated planning and organization/Project Management Skills
* Experience establishing data-driven performance metrics and reporting
* Experience using ERP financial systems such as Oracle/Peoplesoft including principles of distributed requisitioning and 2-way and 3-way matching. Of PO, receipt, and invoice.
* License or certificate in one of the following:
i. Certified Public Purchasing Office (CPPO), Universal Public Procurement Certification Council
ii. Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), by the Institute for Supply Chain Management
iii. Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), by the Institute for Supply Chain Management
Financial Services is responsible for the financial management and procurement functions for the University of Wisconsin - Division of Information Technology (https://it.wisc.edu/about/division-of-information-technology/).
Under the general direction of the Director of Financial Services, this position serves as the manager for Purchasing Services staff inside the Division of Information Technology. The manager directs the operational, financial, project, and personnel activities in this area, which include but are not limited to:
- Managing all procurement of goods and services within the scope of delegation from the University Central Procurement Office.
- Providing counsel to Division Directors and staff on procurement paths necessary to obtain the goods and services they require.
- Leading and/or facilitating complex competitive solicitation processes.
- Review and facilitate signing of other procurement related agreements (e.g. Statements of Work)
* ProCard Site Management - provide the campus required Site Manager role to manage P-Card use in DoIT and audit all charges made.
* Travel and Reimbursement - provide travel arrangement services and expense claim audit and approval for all staff.
* Non-Procurement Contract Management
Please Note: DoIT is unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Instructions to applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should specifically address the Required Qualifications listed in the Relevant Work Experience section.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 09 Jun 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 10 Jul 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time