Head Athletic Trainer
This position requires athletic training duties and responsibilities including: evaluate injuries and initiate treatment protocols; counsel athletes on rehabilitation expectations; counsel on maintenance of strength and improve sport specific strength: direct and manage student trainers; arrange physician appointments; travel with teams; cover home events; schedule trainer coverage; administrate drug screening program; administrate insurance claims; schedule and coordinate student-athlete physicals; administrate the training program within the approved budget; and complete any other responsibilities listed in the job expectations for the athletic trainer.
- Accredited Master's degree in one of the following areas: exercise science, health, physical education, recreation, wellness, dance or sports management
- Minimum of three (3) years of teaching experience required
- Demonstrated experience in effective communication with students and student athletes on a daily basis
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the mission of a comprehensive community college
- Demonstrated commitment to career and professional development
- College level teaching experience
- Minimum three years of athletic training experience and certification/registrations in the following are preferred: National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (NATABOC); certified athletic trainer (ATC); Registration obtained as an Athletic Trainer with the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained.
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive Rate of Pay
For full consideration apply before
Hours per Week
Please attach cover letter and resume