Medical Education Coordinator
8AM - 5PM
$43,100 - $64,100
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Educational Instruction, this position is responsible for coordinating the daily operational activities in the areas of year 1 and year 2 medical education including organizing instructional activities, classes, and various course components (Doctoring, Clinical Skills and Problem-Based Learning Small Group Sessions) for the clinical faculty and medical students. Assists with Block Coordinators and Clinical Threads to identify tutors/lecturers. Establishes back-up tutors/lecturers as necessary. Assists with weekly schedules for lecturers, tutors for year 1 and year 2 curriculums. Compiles notes for tutors/lecturers. Organizes classroom and small group sessions. Makes arrangements for faculty development sessions prior to each Problem-based Learning (PBL), Clinical Skills and Doctoring sessions. Sets student groups and assigns tutor for each block to facilitate the Problem-Based Learning, Clinical Skills and Doctoring small group sessions. Coordinates and schedules students to visit with Visiting Nursing Association (VNA) Chaplains, Coroners, Dermatology and Labor & Delivery for medical students during the academic year. Coordinates weekly assessment and final exam for clinical faculty and students.
Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
Solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
Working knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview