Director of Marketing and Communications
Salary: $53,700 - $105,900
Title: Director of Marketing and Communications
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Graduate School of Education
Date Posted: 04/11/2017
Position Information: The Director of Marketing and Communications serves as the marketing leader for the Graduate School of Education (GSOE), is a key member of the Dean's senior leadership team, and provides strategic and operational leadership for all aspects of GSOE marketing and communication. The Director works closely with the GSOE senior leadership team, GSOE Faculty Graduate Advisor of Admissions, the Director of Teacher Education, and program area conveners to develop, implement and evaluate the marketing and recruitment strategies for all graduate, teacher education and undergraduate programs. In addition, the Director will also work closely with the GSOE admissions staff, faculty and other administrative staff while collaborating and serving as the liaison with other UCR campus offices, including strategic communications, career services, etc., to facilitate effective marketing, student recruitment and retention practices. The Director's additional areas of responsibility include: recruitment of potential students for all GSOE Programs, coordinating events, developing and implementing promotional strategies, materials and products designed to promote awareness within the campus and/or the general public of the school's programs. The Director of Marketing and Communications has a full understanding of industry practices as well as campus policies and procedures. The Director will play an active role in the written communication for all GSOE programs as it relates to website presence and distribution of marketing materials. The Director will play an active role in the written communication for all GSOE programs as it relates to website presence and distribution of marketing materials. The Director of Marketing and Communications will interact with a sophisticated, assertive audience of potential Graduate School of Education applicants, and therefore, must possess excellent communication skills and persuasive dialogue. As the UCR Graduate School of Education has multiple programs dependent upon student enrollment, this position has a significant impact on the School's revenue generation.
Minimum Requirements: Strong skills in event and media activities management.
Thorough knowledge of marketing mediums and funding sources.
Thorough knowledge of the campus and/or medical center, including its achievements, mission, vision, goals, objectives and infrastructure.
Thorough knowledge of communication principles, media, and marketing techniques.
Thorough analytical and written communication skills.
Thorough knowledge of the campus and/or medical center products and services.
Skill in mentoring less experienced staff.
Thorough, strong project management skills.
Strong interpersonal communication and political acumen skills.
Knowledge and effective use of customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview